How was the Beach Bash?

Attended last week and had a GREAT TIME! While there were plenty of DVC'ers the waits were short for the slides overall. We took the bus from the Poly at 8PM arrived at approx 8:20. They had us pre-checkin at the Poly and gave us wristbands, this allowed us to go right in vs. waiting in any lines when arriving at Typhoon Lagoon. Also we got on the bus where the magical express stop was NOT at the regular bus stop (not sure if it is that way everywhere). I would recommend checking with CM's at your resort. We thought of going early but it would have required taking a bus from Poly to Epcot and transferring to the Typhoon Lagoon bus, so we just waited.

CM's seemed pretty pumped to be there. One of the Life guards at top of a slide was excited because they could see fireworks from Hollywood Studios from top of slide (she never knew that since Typhoon is usually closed at that time).

Were all the snacks for free? Specifically...the Mickey bars! :flower:

Yes, snacks were free, including lots of cookies, lots of chips in small bags, and the Mickey ice cream sandwiches (longest line)

Last edited:

Did anyone go last night (July 28)?
We attended last night and had a blast! We arrived about quarter til 7pm via Uber and went right in. As others have said check with your CM. no pre-park bracelets at Bay Lake, but they did have 9 buses available. No line when we arrived.

Got our bracelets, paid for a locker and towels and headed to Crush and Gusher. No line there, so we rode all three multiple times (it closed at 8pm). We then lazy rivered over to the other slides (virtually no lines) Shark reef also closed for party, but there is a food/beverage station over there and that is where the Mickey & Minnie M&G is.

Wave pool was off until 9pm so they could clear out non-DVCers. Snacks and drinks were put out at 9:30pm. Plenty of lemonade, chips, sugar cookies, Mickey sandwiches, Mickey bars, and frozen ruin bars. Other windows were open for food and drinks you could pay for.

Lots of music, DJ playing games, and people! Lilo & Stitch M&G over by Singapore Sal's. But it never felt crowded and although it rained off and on the temperature was perfect. Mears coaches back to the hotels. Had a fantastic time and we're glad we were there at 7pm to take advantage of all offered. We left at 11pm.

Were all the snacks for free? Specifically...the Mickey bars! :flower:
Yes - no charge. But it wasn't enough to be considered dinner.
For those that went...how did you get there? W/the dvc transportation (starting at 8 pm?) Or regular Disney transportation?
We cheated and took a cab there (no DTD traffic, luckily!). If we had taken a bus from WL, we would have had to transfer buses at Epcot, and we chose not to. There were lovely coach buses back to the reorts - plentiful. We sat on the bus for 10 minutes before leaving (we boarded as it pulled up), and we went back to the resort on a mostly empty bus.

The party specific buses to the park required the transfer at EPCOT? If so, I think we'll take your idea and grab a cab!

The party specific buses to the park required the transfer at EPCOT? If so, I think we'll take your idea and grab a cab!
No, we went early. The bus from WL to TL requires a transfer after 2 PM.
We went for 7 PM. Dedicated buses from resorts to the party started at 8 from the resorts.

Did anyone go last night (July 28)?

We went on Tuesday and it was pretty awesome.. Just like others described. Wish Crush and Gusher was open all night but CMs said there are no lights over there. Really fun to be there at night, The ambiance is great under the stars. My kids are older but the DJ was great. They played songs for the "parents" between kid sets. Had a great time and we also felt like VIPs!

Does anyone know how late the buses run from the resorts to the party? We have guest arriving at MCO just before 8 so I don't really expect them at SSR until close to 9:30. They still want to hit the party. I just want to make sure the buses will still be running.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter