• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How to upgrade multi day tickets to magic key pass?

washcloth31

Earning My Ears
Title basically. Just am having trouble how to do it on the app. Do I have to wait until I've used my tickets or is it something I can do before use?
Thanks

Do you have reservations for your multi-day tickets? If so, you will lose them if you upgrade. Are they standard multi-day tickets or SoCal tickets? SoCal tickets cannot be upgraded. Other than that, maybe someone else will chime in if there is a way to upgrade in the app before using them.

Do you have reservations for your multi-day tickets? If so, you will lose them if you upgrade. Are they standard multi-day tickets or SoCal tickets? SoCal tickets cannot be upgraded. Other than that, maybe someone else will chime in if there is a way to upgrade in the app before using them.
Yes I do have reservations. I also have the standard multi day tickets.

You will loose your reservations upon upgrading.

Option 1: Check the availability calendar for your Magic Key choice. If there are reservations available for your stay, you can risk upgrading by immediately re-booking reservations after getting your Key. Remember there is a limit depending on the Magic Key type!

Option 2: On the last day of your ticket (during operational hours), you can upgrade on the App AFTER entering the gates. You CANNOT renter the park day of upgrading, so don’t leave!

Option 3: If you leave the DLR *before* the park/ticket booths close on your *last* day, upgrade at the ticket booth, and go home!

Simply, you won’t be able to take advantage of Magic Key discounts and perks until your next visit (unless you take the risky option 1 path!).

If you want to upgrade existing tickets, you have to either do it at the ticket booth (if you want to do it before you use them) or you have to activate them by scanning into the park and then you can upgrade via the app. But see the post above regarding losing existing reservations if you upgrade before your very last day (and when you no longer need to exit and reenter (or park hop).

When I went last December I upgraded my PH to an Enchant key on my last day after I had already entered a park. I was in line at the ticket booths which were really long and there was a CM walking around out there asking if there was something she could assist with. She walked me through doing it on the app and it was super easy. I was able to still enter the parks throughout that day and since I did it in the morning was able to take advantage of the discounts on food/merch the rest of the day.

Some people I know upgraded after entering the park and upon upgrading, the ticket disappeared and the key never showed up in the app. Make sure to screenshot your code before you upgrade. In the end, they had to wait in line for an hour at the ticket booth to get the Magic Keys to show up. So factor in the possibility of something going wrong and not being able to re-enter the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter