How to tell which UY your reservation used?

emilymad

DIS Veteran
A really dumb question but how do I tell how many borrowed or current points my reservation was booked under? I am pretty sure it used a mix of current and borrowed points. We got canceled out of HHI last year because of the hurricane and I have lost track of what points are what. Is there any easy way to tell or do I need to call MS?

I am wondering same thing.. I have 2 reservations.. and I am wondering which one used 2019 points and which used 2020 points.. trip july 25... will have call or chat I am thinking?

Easiest way...if the reservation is still there, is to go in and pretend to modify it. Don’t change a thing, but follow it all the way until the end, and rebook. Once you do that, you will see a link for Point summary which shows exactly what was used,

The other way is to go to your Vacation Points and then view the Points activity statement. This is a little more difficult as you have to go through each transaction.

A really dumb question but how do I tell how many borrowed or current points my reservation was booked under? I am pretty sure it used a mix of current and borrowed points. We got canceled out of HHI last year because of the hurricane and I have lost track of what points are what. Is there any easy way to tell or do I need to call MS?
I chatted and they were able to help me really easy... I am too scared to even touch a reservation!!

You could document what points you use when you make the reservation. I use a spreadsheet to keep track of my 4 contracts.

I will have to try to chat or call I guess. My account has a manual adjustment from the HHI thing so it is really hard to go back and track. I will definitely start a spreadsheet moving forward.

Easiest way...if the reservation is still there, is to go in and pretend to modify it. Don’t change a thing, but follow it all the way until the end, and rebook. Once you do that, you will see a link for Point summary which shows exactly what was used,

The other way is to go to your Vacation Points and then view the Points activity statement. This is a little more difficult as you have to go through each transaction.
Your suggestion on the easiest way is great.
I tried to figure this out before I cancelled, but could not figure out how to see the banked vs. borrowed points. Since I knew I was definitely cancelling, I just went ahead and canceled and then I saw the points that were used.
Again, for members who want to see the points that were used before cancelling, your suggestion on the easiest way is great.

ETA: I did not actually try it but I have found that information from @Sandisw has always been correct

Last edited:
Ok, I see it now. It is way at the bottom of the confirmation screen on the modification. Thanks!

Your suggestion on the easiest way is great.
I tried to figure this out before I cancelled, but could not figure out how to see the banked vs. borrowed points. Since I knew I was definitely cancelling, I just went ahead and canceled and then I saw the points that were used.
Again, for members who want to see the points that were used before cancelling, your suggestion on the easiest way is great.

So it doesn’t give you a break down of which points were borrowed or current UY?

So it doesn’t give you a break down of which points were borrowed or current UY?

Yes, it should be showing that in the Points Summary once you confirm booking.

Be sure not to go back to your dashboard as It shows Up before you do that,

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter