• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How to tell if your resort has events/conferences?

BellaBeast787

Earning My Ears
We are visiting in October and still trying to decide between hotels. Last year when we went to beach club for a cape May reservation there was a huge event being held and really took away from us enjoying our time there. Is there a calendar with such events to look at? I would prefer to stay somewhere not hosting an event.
(Several people attending would block walking paths and were smoking where we were sitting with our children. They had a dj and were blasting music out front of the beach club lobby and beach).

You can check WWOS for their schedule. But I think Beach Club has a convention center and the swan/dolphin are also convention hotels. I think Gartner IT is in October and they're all over the deluxes.

While you may be able to figure out if a convention is being held at a certain resort, there is no way of knowing if a group has booked a private event anywhere. We've been at both BC and Swan/Dolphin while events are going on and, yes, I agree, it can be disruptive. If you choose a resort that does not have a convention center attached, you probably have a better shot at not encountering a private event.

We have caught wedding receptions at BC/YC twice now - I assume its a popular place for that. Wedding guests like to party because they are typically on vacation too ;)

But I agree with PP, there's no way to know if a private event like that coincides with your dates. For conventions, you can google to see if anything pops up. I've had luck with that before.

We have caught wedding receptions at BC/YC twice now - I assume its a popular place for that. Wedding guests like to party because they are typically on vacation too ;)

But I agree with PP, there's no way to know if a private event like that coincides with your dates. For conventions, you can google to see if anything pops up. I've had luck with that before.

I so badly want to crash a Disney wedding!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter