• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How to surprise the kids on Christmas morning?

When surprising my son, I don't do a reveal. I like seeing how far we can get before he figures it out. The 1st time it was at the check-in desk at CBR & the CM told him where he was. Honestly, I think we could have made it all the way to the park the next morning before he would have gotten it on his own. The 2nd time was when we got to our usual offsite airport parking lot. The 3rd time, he figured it out when I told him we needed to go to bed early because we had to wake up at 3:00am. Now if I even look at him sideways he thinks we're going to Disney.

I would have a letter from Santa saying that if Mom & Dad agree to the terms there is a room reserved @ WDW for the family for "date of trip" before your cruise. Everyone is a hero!

I had a puzzle made-Disney characters, details of when we're going, etc. It turned out really nice. When the put the puzzle together, they'll know. I think it will probably take a few minutes for it to sink in. They think we're not going for a long, long time because it's far away and very expensive.

We are telling our kids about Disney on Thursday. DD9 and DS2 always take Christmas pictures at my parents on thanksgiving. I will have prop boxes for the pictures and when we are done I will tell them they are real present she. We should be able to catch the reveal on camera.

Then the most exciting part is Christmas morning when my Harry Potter crazed Daughter will find out about universal. She doesn't think we will get to go there until her brother is about 7. The last present she opens will be from my brother and it will be money for a wand and a letter inviting her to hogwarts. She's not normally an outwardly excited kid but I think this might just get her.

We will leave Christmas Day for universal followed by Disney. That way I can pack without suspicion and still get a major reveal right before we leave.

I'm doing the exact same thing for my 7yr old and 12yr old. Wrapping a huge box with ballons, their Magic Bands and T-shirts inside. We are leaving the next day so i'm pretty excited. I've been holding this in all year!

I am also surprising my kids on Christmas morning. My kids are DS18, DS16 and DD13. My sister is joining us on the trip with her kids, DD17, DD14 and DS8, also surprising them on Christmas morning. I'm going to have them open a large wrapped box with Disney mylar balloons inside that will float out once the box is opened. Can't wait, it's been so hard keeping this secret!

I'm doing the exact same thing for my 7yr old and 12yr old. Wrapping a huge box with ballons, their Magic Bands and T-shirts inside. We are leaving the next day so i'm pretty excited. I've been holding this in all year!

We've been struggling as well with how to surprise the kids. I think using their MagicBands is the way to go!

We're going in May and our kids will find out on Christmas morning. The first time we went which was in 2015 we planned it pretty quickly & they weren't really involved in the planning. This time we want them to be more involved so we want to tell them earlier. They loved doing a countdown last time so I've already got that printed out to have under the tree Christmas morning. We're also going to do a scavenger hunt with the clues written on envelopes. Inside the envelopes will be the cut out letters that say "We are going to Disney World!" and once they get all of the envelopes they'll have to rearrange the letters until they figure out what it says.

We're planning on giving them each a Disney gift card either as their last gift along with the countdown or as a stocking stuffer but I'm worried that if they get it as a stocking stuffer they'll figure it out pretty quick. Our 7 year old is pretty darn smart when it comes to her figuring out clues and surprises.

What a great Christmas Present and a wonderful surprise great surprise :) Hope you have a great trip to Disney!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter