How to stay for Halloween and Christmas decorations?

serenitygr

2021: trip number six to the Fort!!
I could use some advice from those of you more experienced than I :) (which is ALOT of you!) I have our site booked for the first 2 weeks of October 2017, and as a lot of you know- I could not be more excited! The past couple weeks, however, I have been thinking....

One dream I have is to be at Disney during the "changing of the seasons"... And since we are fairly close to Halloween when we stay, I'm wondering if this might be a possibility. What I really would love is to arrive during Halloween, enjoy the fall decorations for about one week, and then see everything magically transform to Christmas...

Some things I don't know.....does everything change overnight from Halloween to Christmas? Or is there a period of time where there are no decorations at all?

If it does change over night, when is that normally done?

We are excited about decorating for Halloween! Would we want to also bring our Christmas stuff down, and change everything after Halloween, so we don't look silly being the only one with spooky decorations up after Halloween is over? Our dragons and ghosts don't mingle well with Santas and reindeer LOL

I'm not even sure if there will be a premium site still open if we want to switch, but before I call to ask, I really wanted to get some input from those of you who have done this- or maybe even those of you that are there right now! Thank you everyone! Miss all of you guys!

Although I've never been for the crossover of seasons, its my bucket list Disney item and with the last 2 weeks of just Oct you wont see xmas. It's usually last week of Oct into through first 10 or so days of Nov. For 2017, I would definitely pick 10/29-11/11 to get both Halloween and xmas. I have always tried to plan for Last MNSSHP and first MVMCP and it seems these dates for next year should cover both. From what Ive researched on here and other places is that after the last halloween party, things rapidly change to xmas. There is no time w/o decorations of some kind. The change for some things is over night,other things take a few days.

Hopefully this helps a little bit, I've been trying to plan a crossover trip for 3 years and it seems 2018 will be the time for me lol

Serenitygr, we stayed about five days after Halloween a few years ago at the campground, and were amazed even the morning after Halloween that a few campsites, (very few) already had small Christmas inflatables placed. Good luck on your choice. Love your layout of your new fiver.

The neat part is when they decorate the Fort One night you will here some noise outside, some banging around, the sound of motors running and that annoying beep, beep of a vehicle backing. When you get up, the fort has been transformed. Garland everywhere - bus stops, lamp posts, etc; plus all the other decorations including the big tree at Settlement.

Not sure if you mean at the campground or at the parks. I know that yesterday (Halloween) the MK had fall decorations, and this morning, Nov 1st, Christmas decorations were up. Not sure about any other parks.

We are excited about decorating for Halloween! Would we want to also bring our Christmas stuff down, and change everything after Halloween, so we don't look silly being the only one with spooky decorations up after Halloween is over? Our dragons and ghosts don't mingle well with Santas and reindeer LOL
Just do a Nightmare Before Christmas theme and you'll be set for both holidays :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter