How to spend the last day?

c_lynn4

Earning My Ears
Hi!

I am probably thinking about this too soon, but I'm curious how to spend our last day (evening) at Disney. We are visiting in early December, 2019 and staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Ideally we would go to Magic Kingdom, however I am expecting it will be a MVMCP day, and at this point we are not planning to attend the party.

Looking for other suggestions to make our final night magical!

Thanks!
Carrie

If the MK fireworks and seeing the castle lit up on your last night are key you can still do that without being at the party from the California Grill for example. Are you going to the MVMCP on an earlier date? If not I'd suggest it, certainly if you have never done it. This will also be the best day of FP availability so if you aren't able to get FOP on an earlier day this may be your best bet (not likely an issue if you are on a long trip). EPCOT will have replaced Illuminations by this time so you might want to check out that new show if you don't already do it earlier in the trip.

If you are leaving that evening, Magic Kingdom might actually be perfect if it is a party day. Those are typically the least crowded days at the park because people don't want to go to a park that will be closing early. If I'm misunderstanding and you are staying the entire day and leaving the next morning, I still think Magic Kingdom might be a smart decision. In this situation, you won't be able to stay for the fireworks but, as the above poster suggested, you could get a reservation at California Grill and see the fireworks from there. Or, you could do dinner at Ohana and then head down to the beach and watch the fireworks from there.

If you are leaving that evening, Magic Kingdom might actually be perfect if it is a party day. Those are typically the least crowded days at the park because people don't want to go to a park that will be closing early. If I'm misunderstanding and you are staying the entire day and leaving the next morning, I still think Magic Kingdom might be a smart decision. In this situation, you won't be able to stay for the fireworks but, as the above poster suggested, you could get a reservation at California Grill and see the fireworks from there. Or, you could do dinner at Ohana and then head down to the beach and watch the fireworks from there.

I agree with this. If it’s your last day and you’re leaving the party day would be a perfect day to go.

Our last day was a party day, and we weren't staying for the party. We booked our fp's to end right around 5pm, then had an adr at 1900 PF at 6:30 to end the trip. And I always make my last ride Peter Pan, it's my thing. lol

You could always do a different park and then head over to the Polly for snacks on the beach to watch the fireworks.

Thanks everyone for the responses! Seems like the overwhelming majority is to somehow end our time with the castle and fireworks. To clarify we are there for 7 days, and are leaving the following morning (i assume, as flights are not booked yet). We considered attending the party, but I don't think it is in the budget.

We are doing MK on another party day in the morning/early afternoon to take advantage of the smaller crowds, but leaving before the party. We are also planning on MK for a non-party evening to enjoy it at night. I think i will consider visiting either MK another park early in the day (depending on the rest of the week), then take in the fireworks from the Poly beach or another prime location.

Thanks again!

We usually end our trip with an evening at Epcot and catch Illuminations. Depends on the trip and where we're staying though. If we're at Poly we like to stay at the resort and watch HEA from the beach or pool, and when we were staying at AKL last time we ended the night with dinner at Sanaa and watching the animals for a while.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter