How to see Fantasmic third show?

alvernon90

Two Decade Veteran
On nights when Fantasmic is running three shows, how hard is it to get a good spot for the third show? Is the last show usually just as crowded as the first two? Any strategies that are specific to seeing the third show?

We went last night and were told that the spots on the ground were all reserved seating and standby would not be allowed to sit there despite it being completely empty but this turned out to be a lie. We were also told that fast passes for the third show were gone by 9 am. We grabbed a standby spot by the rail in the back, not a great view. About 1 minute before the show they let most of the standby people down by the dock into the reserved seating area. They closed it back up right after and the entire reserved seating area was half empty. I really hate the way they're handling it. It seems like they want to keep the value of the fantasmic dining packages high to the detriment of their other guests. The third show should be standby only as it was in the past, not left empty.

If you can get a fast pass you should have no problem getting a spot. If not you could try lining up in the standby area down by the docks and hope they allow people in to sit but I'm not sure if they're handling it the same way every night.

We went last night and were told that the spots on the ground were all reserved seating and standby would not be allowed to sit there despite it being completely empty but this turned out to be a lie. We were also told that fast passes for the third show were gone by 9 am. We grabbed a standby spot by the rail in the back, not a great view. About 1 minute before the show they let most of the standby people down by the dock into the reserved seating area. They closed it back up right after and the entire reserved seating area was half empty. I really hate the way they're handling it. It seems like they want to keep the value of the fantasmic dining packages high to the detriment of their other guests. The third show should be standby only as it was in the past, not left empty.

If you can get a fast pass you should have no problem getting a spot. If not you could try lining up in the standby area down by the docks and hope they allow people in to sit but I'm not sure if they're handling it the same way every night.

Thanks for the info. We will try to grab FPs. I can't believe they are doing FPs for a third show, but there you have it.

About 1 minute before the show they let most of the standby people down by the dock into the reserved seating area. They closed it back up right after and the entire reserved seating area was half empty.
Are you sure they were standby? I am asking because when I was there in the reserved seating on Tuesday, they suddenly let in a mass amount of people. I asked the people why there were allowed to sit there and they said they did the Hungry Bear meal. I told them I thought Hungry Bear had to stand somewhere else and they said they did, but since the seated area wasn't full, they were allowed to come sit behind us. I think it was a nice gesture on DL's part to allow them to sit since there was room, but it was a bit mayhem when they let them all rush into the area.

Are you sure they were standby? I am asking because when I was there in the reserved seating on Tuesday, they suddenly let in a mass amount of people. I asked the people why there were allowed to sit there and they said they did the Hungry Bear meal. I told them I thought Hungry Bear had to stand somewhere else and they said they did, but since the seated area wasn't full, they were allowed to come sit behind us. I think it was a nice gesture on DL's part to allow them to sit since there was room, but it was a bit mayhem when they let them all rush into the area.
The third show doesn't have dining reservation packages. When we checked in at the RBT last night, they specifically said, "do you want first or second show," and the people in front of us made a joke about going at 11 or 11:30 or whatever, and she laughed and said they didn't even do that, and that practically everyone chose 9:00.

Hi there , one question... In the Past if you wanted to see a certain show you had to keep checking the Fantasmic distribution Area to see what time they were giving out.. Can you now choose which show to get a FP?

Or the machines just spew them out in order like in the past?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter