How to reserve a preferred dog site?

yoko

Mouseketeer
Hi:

I am new here. I just booked a campsite for our August trip by calling CRO. The agent told me that I cannot reserve a preferred site because I am bringing dogs. So I had to settle with a regular full hook-up site. But I have seen various websites saying that there is one pet loop among the prefeerred loops. How do I get it?

Also, just for a curiosity sake, if we do end up at the regular pet loop, how long is the walk to beach/marina? And how long to the campground entrance (where you catch a Disney bus)?

Is there a bicycle rack at Marina and bus stop where I can leave my bike for the day while I am at a themepark?

I would appreciate your experienced opinions. This is my second time at WDW and first time FW. Very clueless.

-yoko

Yoko,

This is one of the few places where Disney really drops the ball. The 300 loop has been a preferred pet loop for at least a couple of years now but Central Reservations (CRO) does not have the information in their computer. According to CRO it is a "test" and will end soon.

But, talk to the cast members at FW and they will tell you the 300 loop is a pet loop and can be reserved that way.

So, you have 2 choices:

* Leave your reservation as is and fax a request to FW 2 days before arrival asking to be upgraded to the 300 loop. You will still have to pay the preferred rate when you arrive. The down side to this is that there may NOT be sites available in the 300 loop when you get there. In that case you will end up in the 1600 - 1900 loops.

* Call back and change your reservation, telling CRO that you will not have a pet and request the 300 loop. Fax a request to FW 2 days before arrival advising them that your need for the 300 loop is because you have a pet. The down side to this is there is no guarantee they can give you the 300 loop. So when you show up with your pet you may still end up in the 1600 - 1900 loops.

There is no easy solution to your problem, sorry.

The walk from the 1600 -1900 loops is not short by any means, but it is not the end of the world either.

I have a map on the bottom of my Fort Wilderness Fun Facts and Information Web page

Yes, there is a bike rack in the marina settlement area.

Have fun ºOº

Thanks, tim. I think I will just keep what I have for now, and call FW directly later. I think I will be happy with the traditional pet loops, as long as we can bike around. Is there a locker near the marina bike rack where we can stow the helmets?

No, not that I know of. The only lockers I have ever seen were at teh Meadows Pool complex.

We just toss the helmets in the bike baskets or hang them from the handlebars. We've never had any trouble with anyone bothering any of our bike things.

Have fun planning!

but we stayed in the 300 loop last Aug. (4-14) with our dog and *loved* it, the size of the loop, the dogwalk along the canal, the closeness to the marina, etc. (DS liked having cable TV the best, I'm sorry to say, but it's true!) That loop was fairly full the entire time we were there, so if you're really thinking you'd like it, I would call back, change it to 300 and have them take "pet" off the reservation. We're checking in Aug 3 (beginning of value season), so hope to see you there!
Terri the Yoopermom
DS and RJ, the RV dog ("I love chasing those little lizards, but those peacocks wake me up with their screaming!")

OK, yoopermom, you are making it sooooo difficult for me! I know, I know, it is all part of the fun, all the agonizing and such. My family of four will be there Aug 4-10. If you see a boy with two cute yorkie-poo's that would be my son.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter