How to propose at disney

z28wiz

DIS Veteran
In 2004 i am going to propose to my gf. I would like to do it at disney world. Any suggestions on how. We would be going in early of may of 2004. Thanks

Here is the story of the dream engagement that we were told in our Magic Kingdom orientation.

The young couple went to Disneyworld. The guy told the girl to invite a couple of friends to come along to the trip. They were pretty much having a great time, and had made reservations for the California Grill one evening. While the guy was out of the room, a knock came to the door. She opened the door, and there was a huge box. Inside the box was a beautiful gown, some beautiful diamond earrings and necklace, and shoes. Her friends got dressed up, and met up with the guy. They were eating dinner, and just after finishing, the guy said he had to go to the bathroom. He never reappeared. The girl was getting worried, and her friends kept saying that it would be okay. She finally said that she was going to look for him. They went to the lobby, he wasn't there, and the girls suggested she go and look to see if he got the car downstairs. When they got down there, the Cinderella carriage was parked with the ushers standing by the opening. She was in awe to see the beautiful sight. With the worry away for a moment, her friends suggested that she take a picture sitting in the carriage. She said no, but the ushers said that it would be okay. The girls verified and said it would be beautiful especially with her beautiful dress on! So, climbed up, and sat down. Just as the flash went off, the carriage took off! She didn't know what was going on, but sat patiently. The carriage proceeded through the front gates on MK, and down main street. There was lovely music playing in the background... The streets were lit with twinkling lights.... A beautiful sight. The carriage pulled up to the castle, and stopped at the end of a red carpet. As the ushers helped her down, trumpets began to play acknowledging her arrival. They ushered to the back and up the stairs of the castle. They got to one of the balconies and there was a throne for her to sit on. As soon as she sat down, trumpets played again, and suddenly he appeared -- riding in on a white horse! He climbed up the stairs, and approached her on one knee. But alas, there was no ring in his pocket! He began to look around, but when he looked in her eyes, around the corner of the balcony came Mickey dressed in tux as the best man assistant.... He gave the guy the ring, and thus he proposed to his princess! As soon as they kissed, fireworks went off in the background! It was a beautiful sight!

Yes, this is a true story, but it can be your true story also! For about $40,000!!!! If you don't have that much, you can make it just as magical! There is a special dept at WDW that helps in engagements. Give them a call, and they can help you with almost any budget!

Congratulations and Good Luck!

Cheryle :)

thanks for the info. That was a good idea. But in no way i could afford 40k for an egagement. I think ill give them a call. Do u have the number?

Not to worry, FTW doesn't do engagements anymore.

Try proposing during the fireworks, or a carriage ride (those can be arranged) or perhaps a fireworks cruise.

-Andrew

I got CHILLS from reading that engagement story!

My honey proposed to be at the magic kingdom in Dec. 01. It was our first night in WDW during the Spectro Magic parade and he kept tugging me towards the castle (aka - more crowds!) finally he gave up and we stopped at Sleepy Hollow for a coffee. We sat there on a low wall drinking our coffee and kinda watching the parade. All of a sudden I see him get down on one knee out of the corner of my eye, he's holding out the ring box and asked me "so you wanna get married" (yes - he still gets crap from me for just saying that! hehehe). anyway, through my tears I said yes and I jammed that ring on my swollen finger. (heheh) Then I realized something and punched him in arm and said "You went on Space mountian three times with that in your pocket?" heheh

make your engagement special to YOU and your sweetie...she'll remember it no matter WHAT you do, as I did.

best of luck and congrats.

yeah i agree that story was great. To bad im not a millionaire. Hey but like you said stinkerbelle make it special. And i really plan on doing that.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter