How to pronounce Krispy Kreme?

Dimplenose

Stranger from the outside
Does it sound like Crispy Cream or Crispy Crem (with a short e)?

I've always assumed the first way but I heard a lady saying "crem" in Tesco and I wondered if I'd been wrong all along.

Now, I'm with the lady in Tesco...I pronounce it Crispy Crem :rotfl:

i also say crem.must admit though,i have never really known,how it is supposed to be pronounced:confused3
tracy

i've heard americans say it, and its crispy cream, so thats what i'm sticking with!

I am an American that happens to live in the state where Krispy Creme was created, North Carolina. The correct pronounciation is "Crispy Cream". So tell those Crem folks they are wrong.

Thanks for your replies. Looks like Cream it is ... but I wonder if this is the time to say I don't actually like them? But I do enjoy seeing them for sale as the logo reminds me of my holidays.

Kreme is pronounced "cream". My husband is from Winston-Salem, NC (home of the first Krispy Kreme). If you ever see a Krispy Kreme shop, stop in a get a fresh, hot doughnut. You will never be able to eat one from the store again! Here is the closest to Disney World:

5318 W. Irlo Bronson Memorial HWY
Kissimmee, FL 34746
Phone: 407-390-8133

FYI-if you ever go to Winston-Salem, NC be sure to tour the Reynolds' Home (winston, salem cigarettes) and Krispy Kreme. Such an interesting city.

or if you're ever in kent, the krispy creme shop in bluewater makes them on site and i've had several warm donuts straight off the belt from there, they're sooooo good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter