How to Plan a Tower of Terror Anniversary Party

Wow, your party came out amazing! Just wondering if they mentioned how much it would have cost to keep the ride open.

Absolutely fabulous!!!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:

Are you starting on next year's anniversary trip now??? Don't know what you could do to top this, but I'm sure you'll think of something!!

I can't believe you were on the lake the night we were at Epcot! So silly..you could have sent me a text and I would have snapped pictures of you from the bridge..I was right there!! standing on the bridge to France having our picture made..lol

What did Patrick think the tux was for? Just dinner at the Yachtsmen?

Oh man—that would have been great to have a shot of us from the bridge! I think as soon as Patrick saw the tux, he knew we weren't just going to dinner at Yachtsman... :rotfl:

Yay Carrie! I absolutely love this idea! Plus it gives me a great reason to get my husband back into a tux again. :goodvibes If I tell him we're doing a dinner at ToT, he'll be so excited.

:thumbsup2 Good thinkin'! Husbands look so good in tuxes, don't they? We need more excuses to get dressed up!

what a fun post! I always enjoy reading your posts Carrie :):lmao::happytv:

Thanks for reading!

Carrie you look gorgeous!

:hug: Thank you!

Wow, your party came out amazing! Just wondering if they mentioned how much it would have cost to keep the ride open.

$6,500!!!! :scared1:

Absolutely fabulous!!!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:

Are you starting on next year's anniversary trip now??? Don't know what you could do to top this, but I'm sure you'll think of something!!

Oh my gosh, I'm out... Someone else is gonna have to top it, cuz I can't think of anything short of a vow renewal at Tokyo DisneySea—and that's too rich for my blood at the moment! :rotfl2:

.....spreading warmth and good cheer with all your blogs and such -

- and hey...

who can't forget that "Breakfast at Tiffany's" hat of yours;)......

but this blog has by far been your best and most informative yet.

So without further adieu -

the below pic is my way of saying thanks for a pretty cool blog:thumbsup2

PictureofHollywoodHotelatHollywoodS.jpg

T.T.F.N.

Just wonderful!

Thanks so much for posting all the information on here and on the blog. I can only hope I'll be able to use some of it to plan something lovely for one of our anniversaries.

Looking forward to reading more of your future plans! popcorn::

Wow, Carrie, that looked just amazing! I love the photos so much.

I am going to make it my ambition to do something like this for one of our anniversaries. If it were to be a surprise for DH I would make it at One Man's Dream, if that was possible, because it is his favourite attraction :cloud9:

Just wonderful!

Thanks so much for posting all the information on here and on the blog. I can only hope I'll be able to use some of it to plan something lovely for one of our anniversaries.

Looking forward to reading more of your future plans! popcorn::

Thanks for reading! I hope it'll help you with your plans. :thumbsup2

Wow, Carrie, that looked just amazing! I love the photos so much.

I am going to make it my ambition to do something like this for one of our anniversaries. If it were to be a surprise for DH I would make it at One Man's Dream, if that was possible, because it is his favourite attraction :cloud9:

That sounds like a wonderful idea—I think One Man's Dream would be a great place for an event!

That sounds like a wonderful idea—I think One Man's Dream would be a great place for an event!

Thanks :goodvibes I bought him a share in Disney for our first anniversary so now I have to get my thinking cap on for our second!

Wow....... that was fantastic!!!!!!
Thanks for sharing and congratulations on three years.
You're a fun couple.

I am in awe right now and sooooooo jealous! I would love to do something like this someday.....WOW...all I can say is WOW!!!! I wish upon a star that I can do this someday...not sure if my hubby would be into it, but I know my Mom & Sister would!!!! Did you hire a photographer following you?

I recall seeing your posts from your wedding and the pcitures in Morocco are just BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! You are a beautiful couple! Thank you so much for sharing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yay:

Wow....... that was fantastic!!!!!!
Thanks for sharing and congratulations on three years.
You're a fun couple.

Hey, thanks! :goodvibes

I am in awe right now and sooooooo jealous! I would love to do something like this someday.....WOW...all I can say is WOW!!!! I wish upon a star that I can do this someday...not sure if my hubby would be into it, but I know my Mom & Sister would!!!! Did you hire a photographer following you?

You are so kind! :hug: Our party guests took pictures for us, but you can also hire Disney Event Photography to shoot your party if you want. :thumbsup2

Carrie - I think I read you report somewhere that event locations at DHS are not available now to parties of less than 20 people. Is that true or have I dreamed it? I would love to do something similar for a 'Nifty Fifty Fiesta', when two friends and I turn 50 in 2013. Or if you have any other ideas for something really special to do, I would be grateful to hear them!!!
Thanks
Joanne

Hi Joanne!

In the last few weeks, people who've called about doing small parties at DHS have been told that there's now a 20-person limit for events there. I would not get too worried just yet because they seem to change their minds about this all the time. Right after we did our 1st anniversary DP at UK Pubside, Epcot started telling people the location was no longer available. But just a few months later, they were back to holding events there. So, fingers crossed that everything will be set for you to do your party in 2013. :goodvibes

Oh my goodness. All your pictures are gorgeous. I would give my right arm, to hang out in the ToT lobby. Or any of the attraction. And your outfits... you looked like you genuinely were checking into the hotel.

<3<3
Waiting for us at the dock were an event guide, a park event manager and a couple other people who all welcomed us to Hollywood Studios and lead us into the park, down Sunset Blvd., and up the stairs by Tower of Terror's gift shop exit.

Carriatrick_Anniversary_075.jpg

Carriatrick_Anniversary_082.jpg

Carriatrick_Anniversary_084.jpg

Carriatrick_Anniversary_162.jpg

Carriatrick_Anniversary_085.jpg

To my surprise and delight, the event staff had set our table up right in front of the open lobby doors, instead of back in the dark corner where the event space technically is. Guess I didn't need a light-up cake after all!

Carriatrick_Anniversary_150.jpg

Carriatrick_Anniversary_087.jpg

Carriatrick_Anniversary_089.jpg

And then yet another surprise: One of the event staff invited us to step into the lobby, unhooked the velvet rope, and told us we could go take pictures on the set!!! Again, I'll save most of these for the full trip report, but here's a sampling:

Carriatrick_Anniversary_127.jpg

Carriatrick_Anniversary_130.jpg

Carriatrick_Anniversary_097.jpg

Carriatrick_Anniversary_105.jpg

Carriatrick_Anniversary_112F.jpg

Carriatrick_Anniversary_110.jpg

Carriatrick_Anniversary_116.jpg

Carriatrick_Anniversary_119.jpg

Carriatrick_Anniversary_131.jpg

Dinner was interesting. Our wonderful server was there when we needed her and gone when we didn't. My hopes for the food soared when she brought out four beautifully plated salads, each bursting out of a hollowed-out tomato and garnished with a flower made of vegetable shavings.

Carriatrick_Anniversary_136.jpg

California Greens with Choice of Lemon Vinaigrette and Avocado Cream Dressings

Carriatrick_Anniversary_133.jpg

However the entrees had not been split for us and came out looking more like your typical convention-center food.

Beef Fillet with Red Wine Demi, Mashed Potatoes, Asparagus, and Roasted Tomatoes

Carriatrick_Anniversary_137.jpg

Pacific Salmon with Lemon Butter, Mashed Potatoes, Asparagus, and Roasted Tomatoes and a side of Jiko White Cheddar Macaroni & Cheese

Carriatrick_Anniversary_139.jpg

We found the food pretty underwhelming. Granted, it had been made in the Hollywood Studios' central kitchen and shipped out to Tower of Terror on a cart, and then it sat around waiting for us to arrive and finish taking a bazillion photos. But the fish was dry and bland, and its accompaniments had been steamed into a soggy, homogenous mass. The "Jiko" macaroni and cheese tasted like it had come out of The Blue Box. Jensey very diplomatically compared their filet to the passable fare at Applebee's, which made me smile because I use that name as a culinary insult.

At least Patrick was appropriately attired for dividing up our meal

Carriatrick_Anniversary_142.jpg

Carriatrick_Anniversary_146.jpg

Carriatrick_Anniversary_148.jpg

Carriatrick_Anniversary_145.jpg

Thanks for the kind words. :goodvibes We sure had a lot of fun at TOT—I hope you get to do it too sometime!

Thanks for the kind words. :goodvibes We sure had a lot of fun at TOT—I hope you get to do it too sometime!

Maybe someday. ;) But it's usually just DH and I at the parks- So not sure it's even a feasible idea.

So cool that you got the opportunity. :) I wouldn't have even thought of ToT... Here I was all excited about CRT & BBB. ;-)

I wish they'd have an option to stay in ToT, ala Cinderella's Castle.. maybe a "win a night" type thing..

And ok. I'm going to stop now, before I gush some more. :)
I will ask though- how was your experience with Rent The Runway? I've thought of renting things from them...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter