How to open a business/restaurant in Disney Springs?

SCDVC2000

Earning My Ears
I know this sounds like a weird question- but who would you contact about opening a restaurant/business in Disney Springs? Most are big name chains, but some are unique. I called Disney and no one had any idea who to even speak to. Ideas?

Matt Simon – Vice President, Disney Springs

I found this name on Wikipedia. It may or may not be current. I did business with Walt Disney World, but they approached me so I got lucky. I found them wonderful to work with at EPCOT and a high point in my career.

Like any business they are always looking for great ideas. I wouldn't hesitate to try to contact this person of whoever works with businesses at DS. Be prepared and 100% professional with your business plan and willing to travel to present that plan if you get a chance. If the door opens, walk through it! Good luck!

Not going to share names here but a quick LinkedIn/Google for "Disney Springs Business Development" will likely get you pretty close to the right contact at least

I think the first requirement is TONS of money. A number with many many zeros
Yeah you’re definitely going to pay big $$$ to operate a restaurant at Walt Disney World. And I doubt that that’s the only consideration, because I’m sure there’s plenty of businesses that would jump at the opportunity but only some do. Anyway, good luck OP!

My friend recently opened a restaurant in a popular mall and had to go through a similar process. He found that it was helpful to look for contact information for the management company that oversees the mall or complex. In your case, it might be worth looking into who owns and manages Disney Springs.

You might try contacting Gwendolyn Rogers via her website thecakebakeshop.com to see who she worked with at Disney. She owns 2 restaurants in Indy and is in the process of opening a restaurant at the Boardwalk Resort.

Great info here, thanks for sharing! I'm thinking about opening a business, so I appreciate your help.

Good luck! It's not an easy task. Make sure that you know everything about the fsa diary and follow all the food safety measures at your restaurant. Just one silly mistake can ruin your reputation, so you better stay on top of that, right? All the workers at your place must have completed a food safety course as well.

Last edited:
From my understanding as a local, Disney is more complicated to work with than your average mall. At both Disney Springs and even at the newer Disney owned Flamingo Crossings, it has been difficult for some shops due to Disney's costs and rules. Expect it to cost more money than any other location and have more rules that may or may not make sense. This is why you don't see unique businesses unless they are owned by someone with a lot of money. Definitely not an easy place for mom and pop type shops.

I figured every restaurant there was by invitation only. Meaning Disney came looking for you not you looking for them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter