How to Make Disney Shirts?

TimeforMe

<marquee><font color=royalblue>Remember who you ar
Hello,
We have a family trip planned for the beginning of September with our 2 adult children. I would love to have matching shirts for at least a few days, but everywhere I look they are like $20 each x 4 = $80 a day for something we most likely won't wear again. I see that people make their shirts but I have no idea how. Can someone enlighten me? TIA!!!

Find a friend with a cricut machine and some vinyl and ask them for help. But people here still charge like 15-ish a shirt, unless I provide the shirt then it’s like 8-ish. We don’t do a lot of matching shirts. Just one or two for DH and I usually. My kids are definitely NOT into it. My DD will have a couple matching shirts with her friends this summer made by one of the moms on the trip so that will cost me the vinyl plus the shirt. I might buy DH and I a shirt or two from Etsy.

Lots of t-shirt company's can make them but you cant use disney trademarked pictures. Shop disney also has there own make a tee where you can design your own. BUT if you want cheap and want to bypass any trademarked issues find a store in your local mall that makes t-shirts.

If you do not know someone with a Cricut, I suggest checking Pinterest for DIY Disney shirt ideas and how to. I have a Cricut, but still look for other ideas on how to make shirts without Cricut.

One word - CRICUT.

You can also buy iron-on letters. If you are crafty, you can also use fabric markers or paint. You can cut your own stencils. An easy stencil option would be to do bleach stencils. You could just take a simple Mickey you cut out of plastic or cardboard and use it for the bleach stencils.

If you know someone with a silkscreen, you could also design something for a T-shirt and silkscreen it on.

There are also tons of tutorials on how to make Mickey tie-dye shirts. Bleach and paint with stencils are also easy to use

Depending on what you are looking for and where you'll be at in Orlando, we actually saw several matching options at Target and Walmart. No personalization if course. But still cute. And the ones we got at Target were $12 and under and they had sizes from infant to 4x.

We do iron-on transfers. Make a design on a computer or tablet, print it onto iron on transfer paper, and then iron it onto whatever shirt you want. You can get comfy ones, cheap ones, whatever color. Just be sure to get the transfer paper for dark clothes if you’re gonna do shirts that aren’t white or very light. We get ours at Joann, but most craft stores should have them and I’ve seen them at target and Walmart in the past.

I’m no expert or anything, but if you want a simple design, I can do one. Or the design board might be able to help with something more complex.

I buy iron on transfers from etsy.com and iron them on nice tee shirts I've bought over the past year on clearance like landsend.com. I often pay $5-6 for the shirt and $6-8 for the transfer. I always get compliments!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter