"How To Keep Your Husband Happy, Alcohol & Fishing!" April/May '14 TR ~Updated ~ 1/1

JnKinVA

Is it Disney Day yet?
Hi Everyone!

This is my first TR, but I have been to WDW many times. Too many times to count as a child, and this is the 3rd trip with my DH.
So please bear with me as I learn how to do this as well as some of the other great reports I have read ;)

Since we were there for 11 Days/12 Nights I thought it would be a great opportunity to do a TR especially since we will be going to WDW for a quite a while together as we just purchased into the DVC :)

Chapters:
Introductions

April 25:
Travel Day
Is It Really This Hot In Florida?
Look Animals! Where's My Camera?

April 26:
We Have To Be Up At What Time?
Mmmmmmmm Steaky Steak

April 27:
Hangin' Ten With Lilo and Stitch
What Do You Mean I Have To Take The Bus
I Didn’t Know They Spoke French With A Whistle
First Row On Soarin'! Wait, What?
We Meet Mickey, Goofy and Minnie! And Mickey and Goofy?

April 28:
Blue Nametags Are Special
The Fit Over The FitBit

April 29
'Fun' In Frontierland
'John's First Haircut
Magic Kingdom At Night

April 30
A Date With Some Dolphins
Mid-Day Epcot Fun!http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=52797648&postcount=154http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=52797648&postcount=154
DiveQuesthttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=52820879&postcount=157http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=52820879&postcount=157

May 1
Happy Anniversary!

October Trip - Complete
October 16, 17 and 18
October 19 - Magic Kingdom Day
October 19 - MNSSHP
October 20 - HS and Downtown Disney
October 21 - MK and Epcot Round 2
October 22 - Epcot Round 3
October 23-25 - A New Adventure!

First off: Introductions!

This trip was from April 25 - May 6 at Wilderness Lodge.

Me! My name is Krystin and I have always loved WDW. I am only slightly addicted to Disney hehe but I love the parks and just being there.

I haven't seen every Disney movie and I probably never will.
I am Canadian, but I live in Virginia with my husband who I lovingly refer to my Green Card :lmao:
We have been happily married for 7 years so it's all legal! ::yes::
I will be working on getting on my Citizenship here soon, may as well since I have been down here this long haha.

Disney Info:
Favourite Park: Magic Kingdom
Favourite Character: Goofy
Favourite Movie: Pete's Dragon
Favourite Resort: Wilderness Lodge
Favourite Table Service: Teppan Edo

Like I said, I have been coming to WDW since I was about 4 years old and I love it. Here's a Throwback for you! This was probably 1988 or so :)

My Husband! His name is John and while he makes it seem like I drag him to WDW (I do) he does enjoy some of it. I think what he dreads is me dragging him all over the place to do things. I like to plan things out, and sometimes it can be go go go.

At least this time we had some down time and we were able to relax....but just a little ;)

Favourite Park: Epcot
Favourite Character: Pinnochio
Favourite Movie: Says He Doesn't Have One
Favourite Resort: Wilderness Lodge
Favourite Table Service: Teppan Edo/Via Napoli/Yachtsmen (He Likes Food)

John had been to WDW once as a child and then the times with me. I try to accomodate things that he would like to do rather than just rides and walking around. You will see that as this report goes on.

Tory our crazy cat:

Bob (who we had to sadly say goodbye to on May 13th :( )

and Anna.

When we left her back with the breeder at 10.5 weeks old:

When we picked her up at 12 weeks lol:

I hope you all enjoy! :)

Up Next:Travel Day

We're here too, following from the WL thread. We love the pet pics. Anna is adorable and reminds us of our Shelby. We're looking forward to reading all about your trip.

April 25, 2014 was our travel day. I always look for an early flight so we can get there around noon and then have half a day to spend at a park.

I woke up at 4:00amEDT and was ready to go, even though I still had some last minute things to pack.
Every time I say I will pack early and every time I don't :lmao:

We packed up the truck, said goodbye to the kitties, (Anna had been dropped off at the breeders the day before), and we were on our way to Dulles for our 8:35am flight.

We flew First Class this time. The price difference between Economy Plus (on United) and paying for the upgraded seats, extra baggage, etc was $100 per person, so it only made sense. This way we would be comfortable and we would have 2 bags each up to 70lbs included.

There were no delays, and we both slept part of the way, however we did have a moment for a selfie:

We landed at about 11:00am took the fakeorail and did some shopping at Orlando International Airport. John likes Ron John shirts and I wanted some Crocs.

Went downstairs to the DME and used my MB for the first time to check in. When the Mickey turned green I got asked if I was a pro at this since it turned green right away!

We were directed to our line for the Wilderness Lodge and there was no one in front of us. We waited for perhaps a minute and then we were directed to one of the buses. It wasn't a regular DME bus, but one with advertising for the Water Parks and had Mickey on the side. We still had the video though. We sat two rows behind the driver so I didn't get the greatest photo coming into WDW.

We had to make other stops before we got to WL, but the bus was only 1/3 full so it didn't take long to make the way there.
We stopped at Contemporary, Poly, GF and then WL. We arrived at around 12:30pm and checked right in. Our room was ready too! YAY!

We were in Rm 5135 with an inner courtyard view. And for some reason, I didn't take a day photo of our view, just of the Geyser.

We dropped off our carry on luggage and went for lunch at Whispering Canyon Cafe.
Wandering Wendy was our server and did the typical throwing of the straws and napkins, but was otherwise pretty calm (thank goodness we didn't need ketchup today!)
We both had the Pulled Pork Sandwich (I had fries, John had Sweet Potato Fries) and I forgot to take photos of lunch.

John ran back up to the room after lunch to put our leftovers in the fridge, and to get my confirmation letter for Memory Maker.
When he got up there, the rest of our luggage had been dropped off by Bell Services from DME. I was impressed with the speed of that!

I sat by the spring and waited for John and once he came down we were on our way to Animal Kingdom. Our WDW Vacation was now officially started!

Up Next:Is It Supposed To Be This Hot In Florida?

I can't wait to see how your trip turned out. :goodvibes

We've stayed at the WL three times now and the ME never went to the CR before the WL. :confused3 I hope that wasn't a permanent change to the bus route.

We like to to take an early flight, too. :)

Ok, you have my attention. Anyone who loves Goofy and the WL merits a following. :lmao:

Popping over from the Wilderness Lodge thread to follow along! This will help me get through the next 76 days until I'M at the Lodge :)

Following! Excited to hear about your trip while waiting for ours to get here. First time at the lodge for us!

Following along. I will be @ WL in 10 days. Looking forward to hearing about your trip.

Thanks! I miss the Lodge already.

We're here too, following from the WL thread. We love the pet pics. Anna is adorable and reminds us of our Shelby. We're looking forward to reading all about your trip.

Anna is BIG already! At 14.5 weeks she weighs close to 30lbs. :scared1:

Did someone say Wilderness lodge?!:goodvibes
:hyper:

Is that like Squirrel!!!!! :P

I can't wait to see how your trip turned out. :goodvibes

We've stayed at the WL three times now and the ME never went to the CR before the WL. :confused3 I hope that wasn't a permanent change to the bus route.

We like to to take an early flight, too. :)

This was the first time that we had the DME take us to WL. When we stayed there last time we had been upgraded from POR so we had to take a taxi over to WL. I wonder if it was because there was hardly anyone on the bus and they just took folks from the CR as well.

Ok, you have my attention. Anyone who loves Goofy and the WL merits a following. :lmao:

I have always loved Goofy, and had some pretty cool experiences with him this trip and the one we just came back from. Keep an eye out for them :)
Thanks for the follow!

Popping over from the Wilderness Lodge thread to follow along! This will help me get through the next 76 days until I'M at the Lodge :)

Thanks for the follow! I wish I knew when we would be able to go back. 2 days after we got home John found out he was being deployed back to Afghanistan, so we'll have to plan something when we know he'll have time or gets home for good.

Following! Excited to hear about your trip while waiting for ours to get here. First time at the lodge for us!

Our first time there was quite unexpected with the upgrade, but we absolutely fell in love with it :)
I hope you do too!

Following along! I saw your link on the 2014 WL thread! I love this hotel so much and your report is perfect to get my fix until we go in September!
Love your husband's hockey tshirt!
And your animals are ADORABLE! Those puppy ears are too cute.

Also following… very excited to read about your trip regarding WL. We'll be there for the first time in August! :dance3:

:dance3: So excited that you started your TR!!!! Followed you over from the WL thread, and it couldn't have reached me at a better time :love: Thank you!

Following along! I saw your link on the 2014 WL thread! I love this hotel so much and your report is perfect to get my fix until we go in September!
Love your husband's hockey tshirt!
And your animals are ADORABLE! Those puppy ears are too cute.

Thanks! I love WL too :)
My husband is a converted hockey fan....in fact I think he loves hockey more than I do now and I'm the Canadian :lmao:

Following along! :)

Thanks! :)

Also following… very excited to read about your trip regarding WL. We'll be there for the first time in August! :dance3:

Thanks for following! So many first timers here :thumbsup2

:dance3: So excited that you started your TR!!!! Followed you over from the WL thread, and it couldn't have reached me at a better time :love: Thank you!

I'm excited I started it too :lol:
We had some things happen in between coming home and getting this started: John finding out he was going back to Afghanistan, having to say goodbye to our cat Bob :( (She had been sick for quite a while), and then planning a last minute trip back for SW Weekend last weekend. Now I have some downtime to get this going. ::yes::

Joining in!
Booked our 1st WL stay for the Christmas break! :cool1:

Thanks to John for his service! (and to you too...as we all know, it's a family affair when a spouse is in the military!)

Joining in! Booked our 1st WL stay for the Christmas break! :cool1: Thanks to John for his service! (and to you too...as we all know, it's a family affair when a spouse is in the military!)

Thanks for following! And while my husband is ex Navy, he's contracting for the Army this time as a civilian, but rockets and bombs don't discriminate over there ;)

Bless your husband and you...for your sacrifices for all of us! Thank him for us :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter