How to Get to Port Canaveral from MCO for Disney Cruise?

Groot

I am Groot
This is gonna be my first time cruising and I don’t know what the best way is to get from the airport to Port Canaveral. Is there a Disney Magical Bus-like service to the port or should you book something through Mears or a similar service?

This is gonna be my first time cruising and I don’t know what the best way is to get from the airport to Port Canaveral. Is there a Disney Magical Bus-like service to the port or should you book something through Mears or a similar service?
Depending on how many are in your party, there are various options.

If it's just you, or a small group (less than 4 people), there's the DCL transportation. $35.00 per person one way to port.

Or you can hire private transportation (limo, town car, etc). Rental car is also an option.

Disney offers what are referred to as "DCL transfers" -- it is a paid-service, though, not free like DME to the resorts. $35 per person each way (to port and return to MCO is $70 round-trip). Depending on your party's size, there may be less expensive options including a rental car or a private car service. DCL transfers are very convenient, even if pricey.

Enjoy your vacation!

Disney offers what are referred to as "DCL transfers" -- it is a paid-service, though, not free like DME to the resorts. $35 per person each way (to port and return to MCO is $70 round-trip). Depending on your party's size, there may be less expensive options including a rental car or a private car service. DCL transfers are very convenient, even if pricey.

Enjoy your vacation!

Is the DCL transfer like a bus or a taxi? (It’s only gonna be me and my mom so far.)

Oh okay, @PrincessShmoo. I didn’t know because sometimes when DME is really busy, they use those buses to get people to/from the resorts. Once they were so busy that they used a regular Mears bus.

Oh okay, @PrincessShmoo. I didn’t know because sometimes when DME is really busy, they use those buses to get people to/from the resorts. Once they were so busy that they used a regular Mears bus.
I know they "share" the actual vehicles, on occasion, but they are all buses.

Although, one time, taking DCL transfers from the port to a resort, we were put in a van. I don't recall the company the van was from, though.

note that DCL transfers are only available 'day of cruise' from MCO and WDW

many recommend arriving the day b4

if arriving day b4, unless staying at MCO or WDW you need a different option ....

many like to arrive day b4 and get a room near the port/beach

Since this is your first cruise and it's just you and your mom, I would go with the DCL transfer. Less hassle and easy. Your travel agent can secure it for you, or you can do it online.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter