How to get to DLP if using Chunnel from London but not on a day it goes to DLP?

mala55

Mouseketeer
We plan to go from London to Paris staying 1 night. i had planned on taking the chunnel there. I reworked our trip and added a day in London pushing Disneyland from a Wednesday to a Thursday. Silly me forgot that the chunnel doesnt go to Disney on Thursdays. We cant change it back as we booked a nonrefundable hotel, etc. So.....how can I now get to Disneyland when we get to Paris off the chunnel?

Thanks

Have you already booked the Eurostar?

If not you have 2 options.
Either get the Eurostar direct to Paris (which will go to Gare du Nord ) and then transfer onto the RER (commuter train to DLP. You will have to change lines on the RER. I think Chatelet is meant to be the easiest station to do this. If you decide to go this route we can help you work it out.
The advantage of this route is that there are several trains to Paris throughout the day but you will have to get a separate ticket for the leg from Paris when you arrive as you cant book this in advance. The RER are every few minutes

Or still book the Eurostar to DLP (Marne la Vallee). It wont go direct but you will get the Eurostar to Lille and then change there onto a TGV (fast long distance train) . If you do this the connection will be worked out for you with the timing of the change and it will be one ticket for the whole journey.

Thank you BadPink!! Sorry about the reference as Chunnel. I guess I thought Eurostar was so much more than this route and was trying to be more specific, but makes sense. My mistake. Thx.

We are going in August. The Eurostar and TVG schedules dont appear to be available yet, so I looked at earlier month to get a sense of what we would be dealing with. Assuming they are near the same for August, it seems as we can get a Eurostar out of London at 8:54am, arriving at Lille at 11:27am. The TVG train appears to leave Lille for DLP at 11:46am. Do you know if there would be enough time to get from one train to the other in less than 20 minutes with luggage and a slow moving tween (lol) in tow? The next train isnt until 14:03pm. I dont want to wait 2 hrs. If this was the case, I would go through Paris and get an RER.

Thanks for all the help.

Eurostar is the passenger train, eurotunel is the freight/car train. No Chunnel lol

In previous years they’ve run a direct service every day in August due to it being peak season. You could email Eurostar to see if they plan to do the same this year.

Thank you BadPink!! Sorry about the reference as Chunnel. I guess I thought Eurostar was so much more than this route and was trying to be more specific, but makes sense. My mistake. Thx.

We are going in August. The Eurostar and TVG schedules dont appear to be available yet, so I looked at earlier month to get a sense of what we would be dealing with. Assuming they are near the same for August, it seems as we can get a Eurostar out of London at 8:54am, arriving at Lille at 11:27am. The TVG train appears to leave Lille for DLP at 11:46am. Do you know if there would be enough time to get from one train to the other in less than 20 minutes with luggage and a slow moving tween (lol) in tow? The next train isnt until 14:03pm. I dont want to wait 2 hrs. If this was the case, I would go through Paris and get an RER.

Thanks for all the help.

They will release the indirect service tickets around 90 days in advance. 20 minutes is plenty, the train is literally on the other side of the platform. We arrived and just walked across once and another time we went upstairs until they announced the train platform and went back down 10 mins later. If you book your ticket all the way to Disney with Eurostar then if you miss the second train they are required to sort you out - whether it be on the next available train or holding a train.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter