• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How to get Full Size Lounger on Extended Verandas (Cat 4E Dream/Fantasy)

GrnMtnMan

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know if there are any effective strategies for getting full size lounge chairs on extended verandahs?

We are fans of these verandas and we’ve been 50/50 on our 4 cruises in having the full size loungers instead of the half-size ones.

Our first cruise on the Dream in 9674 we had two full size ones:
IMG_1686.png
Our second on the dream in 8684 we asked for full size and we’re told no, though verandah was the same size:
IMG_1687.jpeg
Our third on the fantasy in 5650 we had an enormous one, but again, just the half loungers and we were told no:
IMG_1688.jpeg
On our fourth in 7190 on the fantasy, we had an extremely long but rather narrow verandah with two full size loungers:
IMG_1689.jpeg
We’ll have connecting rooms and verandas this summer on the 5th deck again, and I’d love to have two of the half loungers replaced with full size ones.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Just sailed in 5434 and 5436 on the fantasy. Half loungers on both verandahs. But alot of them. We had 4 on one balcony and 3 on the other.

We've been on 2 cruises in 04E rooms and have had the long loungers on both of our cruises; Dream and Wish. I'm curious, who did you ask that told you no? Did you ask your stateroom host or guest services? I'm curious to follow this thread for info for our upcoming cruise on the Fantasy, just in case.

We've been on 2 cruises in 04E rooms and have had the long loungers on both of our cruises; Dream and Wish. I'm curious, who did you ask that told you no? Did you ask your stateroom host or guest services? I'm curious to follow this thread for info for our upcoming cruise on the Fantasy, just in case.
Asked our stateroom attendant, and they both said sorry they can’t. But I was thinking of having our travel agent make a request and going through guest services.

Very interesting. We had 5650 on the Dream last week and we had 4 half loungers and a table. Didn’t try asking for longer ones, but we would have loved them.

I'm very interested to find this out too. We will be sailing on the Fantasy in room 9174 at the end of May, and I have been dreaming of the full-size loungers! I am going to call to see if I can add that as a request.

Funny thread so far. The OP, and many,, want to know tips on how to get a lounge chair for their stateroom. But The responses are just describing what they had on their verandah. If this keeps up we will have a wonderful list of furniture inventory on every ship!🤣. I think the op is searching for a lounge chair for their room not trying to search for a room with a lounge chair.
Of course maybe I misinterpreted and that's what the op wants. If so i dont know how useful that list would be because I suspect the furniture moves around. In fact I know it does because I've watched crew move things in and out of a "supply and repair" space once.
I think it's a great question and a lot of people would be interested in finding out tips on how to request one. I'll keep watching the thread.

Last edited:
We were in 7194 on the Dream -July 2023- had 2 full sized loungers plus 2 other chairs... can't recall if they were half loungers or regular chairs. But definitely 2 big ones!

We were in concierge on the Dream with a large bump out and were unsuccessful in getting loungers. We had two reclining chairs and a small table.

We were in concierge on the Dream with a large bump out and were unsuccessful in getting loungers. We had two reclining chairs and a small table.
WOW, I figured if anyone had a chance, it would be concierge! Did you guys ask, and did they give a reason why you couldn't have a lounger?

Following this thread too as we have a cruise coming up in a few weeks and will be on the Dream in cabin 5650. We also thought that in concierge your request would have been accommodated.

We were able to get a full size lounger on our bump out concierge room for the Iceland sailing this summer on the dream.

Following this thread too as we have a cruise coming up in a few weeks and will be on the Dream in cabin 5650. We also thought that in concierge your request would have been accommodated.
We had the exact cabin in Dream last month and did not have the full loungers but we really loved our cabin. One of the quietest we’ve ever had on Disney (only ones quieter are on Wish).

We had the exact cabin in Dream last month and did not have the full loungers but we really loved our cabin. One of the quietest we’ve ever had on Disney (only ones quieter are on Wish).
And that's the exact cabin we had on the Dream in August 2023 and we DID have the longer loungers as well as several chairs. How odd. Love the location of that room (and the huge verandah is so fun).

I called and requested full-size loungers for our upcoming cruise in May on the Fantasy and was told they could not put in a request and that I had to go through our stateroom attendant.

I found this thread weeks before my cruise on the Magic and I saved it with plans on asking my stateroom host for a lounge chair, but to my pleasant surprise I already had a full size lounge chair when I boarded (plus 2 lawn chairs and a small white table.)
We were in Category 6A Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with (White Wall) Verandah Magic, Deck 6-Aft, Cabin 6652. I picked this cabin b/c it looked like the verandah bumped out a bit from the normal size because we were on the curve of the back of the ship. We were next to a Concierge Suite with a HUGE balcony.
Here are two photos.
I highly enjoyed laying out on the lounger reading a book. Good luck to all wishing for full size loungers!

Attachments

• 20240419_214815.jpg
    20240419_214815.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 18
  • DCL Magic 6652 verandah.jpg
    DCL Magic 6652 verandah.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 18
I found this thread weeks before my cruise on the Magic and I saved it with plans on asking my stateroom host for a lounge chair, but to my pleasant surprise I already had a full size lounge chair when I boarded (plus 2 lawn chairs and a small white table.)
We were in Category 6A Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with (White Wall) Verandah Magic, Deck 6-Aft, Cabin 6652. I picked this cabin b/c it looked like the verandah bumped out a bit from the normal size because we were on the curve of the back of the ship. We were next to a Concierge Suite with a HUGE balcony.
Here are two photos.
I highly enjoyed laying out on the lounger reading a book. Good luck to all wishing for full size loungers!
Is that a shade covering the balcony? I’ve never seen that on a cruise ship before!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter