how to get from disney resort to universal

psycgirl

Earning My Ears
Hello!

I am thinking of trying out one day at Universal Studios on my next trip to Disney World. I have never been before but want to try something different. My husband and I are staying at AllStar Music and will not have a car. Does anyone know the most affordable way to get from Disney World to Universal Studios without having to rent a car for the day. I am assuming taxis would be outrageously expensive. Do they have shuttles for things like this. Surely people have stayed on disney property and gone to a themepark outside disney for one day. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I was thinking of the same thing but instead going to seaworld.

When I went on my honeymoon, 11 years ago, they did have buses to take you to other parks, for a fee. I would give them a call and find out if they still do that and what the cost is. It may be cheaper to rent a car for the day. They do have National car rental that will come pick you up at the hotel and take you to get your car. Sign up for there e-mails sometimes they have some good deals. LOL

psycgirl, at the top of this page there is a transportation section. In this section it will give you information on the types of transportation available. On our next trip we plan to visit both universal parks as well as the Disney parks. We may use Mears or a taxi I'm not sure yet. Have a great trip!!

They will pick you up and bring you back. On a little bus.

I have heard sometimes this can take up to 2 hours. It has usually taken us an hour.

We are going to rent a van to go to Kennedy Space Center!

55 more days to go!:banana:

We always do one or two days at Universal on our trips, we have used Mears and cabs and my preference is for the cab. Our last trip we stayed at WL and took a cab to Universal, the concierge gave us an estimate of what the price should be so we would know, about $30-35.00. Worth every penny. Took Mears the year before and we made a lot of stops to and from and the cost was $15.00 for each of us. So the cab was much more cost effective and much less timely. Definitely go for the cab, have a great trip !!

poohbear, I would definitely choose universal over sea world. hubby nebo is talking about univ. now in his trip report (still feeding nebo).
univ. has 2 theme parks and city walk, so we visit there first, stay at royal pacific (if you stay on site, you get front of line passes the whole stay.) then drive over (or mears) to disney. have to do disney last, more magical; US would be a let down.
however, if you ARE flying, you lose out on one end of magical express this way.
but for one day only, the studios is better than Islands of adventure (theire other theme park). great stuff: mummy ,terminator ,et, twister, shrek, men in black, fear factor, animal actors live, beetlejuice jaws earthquke, etc etc.
have fun!!!

Take a cab to a neutral location and then switch cabs. Going directly to Universal from Disney is just asking for something bad to happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter