How to get back to Hollywood Studios from MK

moet7

DIS Veteran
Haven't been to Disney World in awhile. Heading there for a 1 day trip before hopefully getting on a Disney Cruise in November. I plan to purchase a 1 day park hopper ticket. I have been reading all kinds of messages and answers are all other the place.

I plan to start in Hollywood Studios, head to Animal Kingdom then to MK. I will get a park reservation for HS. It is my understanding if I have a hopper I will get in to ALL parks I want in that day, but now I read that that might not be true. One person said "Park reservations" are different than "hopping" Meaning if there are NO Park reservations available, that doesn't mean I can't hop to that park. But then I found a reply that there is a phone number to call to see if hopping is available?????

Using the chat feature on disney.com I was told that the first park I enter I can then go back to at the end of the day without issue.

If I start in HS and end in MK my car will be parked at HS. How do I get back to the parking lot of HS after the MK fireworks?

Thank you for any and all help!

Park hopping was suspended on the 1st for less than 2 hours, that is the only time anyone has been denied hopping privileges. I agree that you can easily get back to DHS from MK by taking a bus to any Boardwalk resort, or walk to one of the MK resorts and Uber to Swan/Dolphin -- then walk to DHS.

Park hopping was suspended on the 1st for less than 2 hours, that is the only time anyone has been denied hopping privileges. I agree that you can easily get back to DHS from MK by taking a bus to any Boardwalk resort, or walk to one of the MK resorts and Uber to Swan/Dolphin -- then walk to DHS.
thank you....I did read that about the 1st and park hopping being suspended.

If I decide to drive my car to each park......would I have to pay to park at each one?

I could be wrong, but aren't there park to park buses? I know there used to be.

It would be a lot of walking, but since you have a hopper, you could ride the monorail to Epcot and walk through then either take a boat or walk to HS but you would be dog tired after that.

It would be a lot of walking, but since you have a hopper, you could ride the monorail to Epcot and walk through then either take a boat or walk to HS but you would be dog tired after that.
thank you for that suggestion. I am thinking that since it will be the end of the day there will NOT be a bus that would take us from MK to HS as both parks would be closing.

You could also walk over to the contemporary (or take the monorail) and catch a bus there. Its about a 10 minute walk depending on how fast you walk.

Edit: Could also wait for a bus to the boardwalk inn and then walk from boardwalk.

You could also walk over to the contemporary (or take the monorail) and catch a bus there. Its about a 10 minute walk depending on how fast you walk.

Edit: Could also wait for a bus to the boardwalk inn and then walk from boardwalk.
thank you for your reply.
If we go to the Contemporary I am not sure there would be a bus to HS at that time. Just a reminder I am trying to get back to my car that will be in HS parking lot after the MK fireworks. Thanks again for your help.

HS is normally closing at 9pm with the MK could be open later. So the HS bus may not be running at MK park close. Only have to pay for parking once per day. Show receipt. The trams aren’t running so if you are going to MK later in the day, you are parking in the hinterlands of MK parking lot most likely.

If it were me I would just park at the MK (TTC) and then make my way to HS via one of the monorail resorts since I would prefer the longer trip in the am vs at the end of a long day.

After 2 you can catch a bus from HS to AK and then another from AK to MK.

There are, but there likely wouldn't be a bus from MK to HS after MK fireworks as HS would probably be closed, using current times at least.

thank you....I did read that about the 1st and park hopping being suspended.

If I decide to drive my car to each park......would I have to pay to park at each one?

No, you only pay to park for the entire day and would not be charged again. Honestly, driving your personal vehicle will be MUCH faster than any Disney Transportation option. The only park where it's less convenient is MK as you have to park at the TTC, but I'd just drive unless there is a reason you don't want to.

I would agree with @BrianL that taking your own vehicle from park to park is your easiest option. When you pay for parking at the first park you will want to save your receipt to show at the other park(s) so you will only have to pay once.

It sounds like you have a busy day planned the day before your cruise so personally, the last thing I would want to do at the end of a long day and before our cruise is to face struggles getting back to my car. Trying to get a bus to go from MK to DHS when both parks is closing could prove challenging and then it leaves you trying to get somewhere to find a bus and possibly add a walk too.

If it were me I'd take my car.

I would agree with @BrianL that taking your own vehicle from park to park is your easiest option. When you pay for parking at the first park you will want to save your receipt to show at the other park(s) so you will only have to pay once.

It sounds like you have a busy day planned the day before your cruise so personally, the last thing I would want to do at the end of a long day and before our cruise is to face struggles getting back to my car. Trying to get a bus to go from MK to DHS when both parks is closing could prove challenging and then it leaves you trying to get somewhere to find a bus and possibly add a walk too.

If it were me I'd take my car.
thank you

Take the monorail to the TTC. transfer to monorail to Epcot. Cut through epcot to back enterance then grab the launch or walk to Hollywood Studios.

thank you all for your suggestions. I called Disney and was told they will be running buses from park to park late so people can get to their cars.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter