• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How to get a specific room at Disneyland Hotel

I had called and requested the Adventureland Tower. Upon check-in at the front desk again, I made an inquiry again. She was about to say that nothing was available then kept scrolling… then said “oh there is one left.”

I’m assuming they normally don’t give anyone this room. Or some other guest rejected it. It was on the second or third floor right next to the elevators or utility room. It was just a sad room.
I've had this room, or a similar one. It was on the Adventure tower third floor, had a partially obstructed DtD view, and was right next to a utility elevator (or I think that's what it was) at the end of the hall. The room was practically just big enough for the bed. It was my first DLH stay, so I didn't know any better. Otherwise I would have rejected it!

I've had this room, or a similar one. It was on the Adventure tower third floor, had a partially obstructed DtD view, and was right next to a utility elevator (or I think that's what it was) at the end of the hall. The room was practically just big enough for the bed. It was my first DLH stay, so I didn't know any better. Otherwise I would have rejected it!

I saw that room when I was there last week, but on the 10th floor. It was a king sized bed and one chair. Only saw it because housekeeping was in there cleaning and I had to ask for some more towels.

I saw that room when I was there last week, but on the 10th floor. It was a king sized bed and one chair. Only saw it because housekeeping was in there cleaning and I had to ask for some more towels.
Now that I'm thinking, I was on the 5th floor that stay. But yeah, sounds like they have a room like that on each one...for some poor unfortunate guest(s)!

Now that I'm thinking, I was on the 5th floor that stay. But yeah, sounds like they have a room like that on each one...for some poor unfortunate guest(s)!
I got that room once, but it was in Fantasy Tower. Most of the room was carved out for something else (elevator, I think). We did not accept it and were given a much better room (sort of a mini suite--it had an adjoining room that could be combined with it) in the Adventure Tower. I think all of the standard rooms were gone and they were hoping we'd be ok with the room that basically only had 1 queen bed accessed by a long, skinny hallway. There was a bathroom as well but I don't remember anything about it since we walked in and just went NOPE!

Here now, just two of us, standard view room. We got an 11th floor room in the Fantasy tower, and have a pretty decent view of the parks to the right side of our window, directly below us is the parking lot of course, but we are so high it doesn’t matter. We are just “2 adults”… me and dd (19) and we got two queens and the sofa bed. The hotel is nearly full, only the really fancy suites left, so luck of the draw i am sure.

When my family used to stay at Disneyland Hotel the rooms we had always had the bathroom with the sink but the toilet was in another room with a door and my dad and I found that odd but when we started staying there for Christmas 1998 we were in the Bonita Tower which the bathroom in our room there was small and the toilet was in with the sink and bathtub. And the last two rooms my family and I had there had a couch but they called it a daybed and the two beds but I cannot recall if the beds were king or queen sized but we were in the Sierra Tower which was the best tower because the rooms were big and the beds were actually comfortable and we were surprised at the rooms we had. But the Bonita Tower we disliked because it was so noisy and the beds were uncomfortable and the pillows were too hard. I wonder why Disneyland Hotel never upgraded the Bonita Tower with better beds and softer pillows because that seemed to be the weakest of the towers of that hotel
Dodger

When my family used to stay at Disneyland Hotel the rooms we had always had the bathroom with the sink but the toilet was in another room with a door and my dad and I found that odd but when we started staying there for Christmas 1998 we were in the Bonita Tower which the bathroom in our room there was small and the toilet was in with the sink and bathtub. And the last two rooms my family and I had there had a couch but they called it a daybed and the two beds but I cannot recall if the beds were king or queen sized but we were in the Sierra Tower which was the best tower because the rooms were big and the beds were actually comfortable and we were surprised at the rooms we had. But the Bonita Tower we disliked because it was so noisy and the beds were uncomfortable and the pillows were too hard. I wonder why Disneyland Hotel never upgraded the Bonita Tower with better beds and softer pillows because that seemed to be the weakest of the towers of that hotel
Dodger
Bonita (also formerly known as Wonder) is now Frontier, Sierra (also formerly known as Dreams) is now the Adventure Tower, and what is now Fantasy (the lobby tower) was formerly Marina and Magic. Makes it hard to remember which was which!

But to your point, I don't really know when the last renovation occurred, but it has certainly been updated since the days you're talking about. When was the last time you were there? Did they still have the waterfalls then?

Edited to add that I just read the new DVC tower has been named Discovery.

Thanks on the tip on online check-in. I always wondered if it was to our disadvantage.
What tower did you have?

Our standard and Deluxe room bookings have always varied. I’ve tried to figure it out and have no idea what the secret is. I only want a sofa because it seems to be a bigger room. We’ve had the small sink/closet separated by a hall in the Frontier tower. But a wide room. We’ve had the outside sink, large counter.

And another time an enclosed bathroom but double sink and separate toilet within. It was the largest bathroom configuration for a standard room booking. This was the Adventure Tower. But then another stay in the Adventure Tower was so small… they didn’t even have an extra chair. The bed was right next to the window. So I don’t bother with the Tower requests
We were in Fantasy Tower.
Sounds like they have a lot of variation in the rooms. We were on the third floor. We were next to a spot where there were 2 rooms where the doors didn't face the hall-- there was a little recessed area that had 2 doors to 2 rooms. I'm guessing our configuration was because we were next to one of those probably odd shaped sideways rooms.
We had a similar bathroom last time except the toilet was in with the sink and not separate. The faucet was also leaking.
Well that's not good.

We were in Fantasy Tower.
Sounds like they have a lot of variation in the rooms. We were on the third floor. We were next to a spot where there were 2 rooms where the doors didn't face the hall-- there was a little recessed area that had 2 doors to 2 rooms. I'm guessing our configuration was because we were next to one of those probably odd shaped sideways rooms.
I was in one of those in Adventure. I believe those are rooms that are designed to be used as an extra-bedroom suite if you book it that way. Otherwise, they can be booked out separately, one as a suite and the other as a regular room. Ours was a King room and had the doors as you mention in a little alcove off the hallway. There was a connecting door inside the room which was locked, but if you booked it as a suite, it could connect you to the other room(s).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter