How to: FISH for Lightning Lane Experience Passes

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE 8/19
GREAT DAY for mid tier MEPs
Went to DCA park early to scan in, buy G+ at a discount, and renew MK.
Will be back in the park later tonight with the wife.

Was able to get a 2 MEPs from Goofy being down in the morning.
1 from Falcon... a rare downtime.
2 from Autopia and even rarer downtime.

DL Stats on twitter helped a lot in knowing when Falcon and Autopia were down.

I was there last Sunday and it was crazy. At one point I had -5- MEP's - 2 for Indiana Jones, 2 for Incredicoaster, and 1 for Space Mountain. Indy I don't care much about, but it was HOT and that line is cool, so I was trying to ride it, but it was down for an extended time. Incredicoaster was down half the day I felt like. I noticed no matter which one I used (when I finally started using them that night) they disappeared in reverse order. That was weird. So the last one I had was my 9:30 IJ. I used one to ride Incredicoaster a second time after my regular LL when it was finally up, I rode Guardians 3 times in a row. and did a second night ride on Big Thunder.

8/27
Started at DL
Entered the park at 735am booked Indy to Fish.
However, Thunder was down at opening so switched LL from Indy to Thunder.
Thunder did not come back up until 930am. I was able to get 5 sets of MEPs to use later.
Picked up a MEP from Indy at 3pm.

Update used MEPs for Toad, Alice and Pan was accepted. Only 2 went through the scanner properly.

Update Nemo took one

Last edited:

My opinion of LL improved greatly after our first day :) Buzz was down all morning. Able to receive 4 sets of MEPs, had the experience of a few of them not disappearing after scanning :) The systems seems a bit confusing but once you get in the park it's not bad, dare I say great? With the MEP fishing I may like it better than fastpass...

Has anyone who’s been recently been able to get a LL for both regular Guardians and monsters after dark? I noticed they’re listed as different attractions on the app so I’m wondering if the system will let you book both of them. Also have the MEPs been valid on monsters after dark? I know in the past they were valid on regular Guardians

I’ll be there 10/3-10/7. Hoping for a miracle to be able to get a ticket to OBB on 10/2 but that’s very unlikely so I’ll just do my best with genie+ the rest of the week to get on those rides as many times as possible, especially monsters after dark

8/27
Started at DL
Entered the park at 735am booked Indy to Fish.
However, Thunder was down at opening so switched LL from Indy to Thunder.
Thunder did not come back up until 930am. I was able to get 5 sets of MEPs to use later.
Picked up a MEP from Indy at 3pm.

Update used MEPs for Toad, Alice and Pan was accepted. Only 2 went through the scanner properly.

Update Nemo took one
Which one worked on Pan? Did it work even though it said it wouldn’t or has that changed? I remember Pan being pretty much the only one besides the ILL rides that was never included with the MEPs

Has anyone who’s been recently been able to get a LL for both regular Guardians and monsters after dark? I noticed they’re listed as different attractions on the app so I’m wondering if the system will let you book both of them. Also have the MEPs been valid on monsters after dark? I know in the past they were valid on regular Guardians

I’ll be there 10/3-10/7. Hoping for a miracle to be able to get a ticket to OBB on 10/2 but that’s very unlikely so I’ll just do my best with genie+ the rest of the week to get on those rides as many times as possible, especially monsters after dark
https://www.disboards.com/threads/monsters-after-dark-how-is-genie-working.3895388/

My brother is in the parks today and got a MEP from Splash and I was surprised because apparently Haunted Mansion Holiday was one of the rides that’s excluded (aka golden tier). I’m thinking this likely means a MEP from HMH could be valid on the other golden tier rides like Guardians, Space, Indy, etc.

I also know Guardians used to be in the lower tier but that’s changed. Does anyone know when that changed? Because I’m thinking HMH is in golden tier now because of the overlay so maybe that’s also true for Guardians so maybe there’s hope that once Halloween is over it’ll be back in the lower tier. But also maybe not because when it was it got really backed up.

Next month will be my last DL trip in a couple years so hopefully I can get lucky and get MEPs for golden tier rides!

I have discovered a massive new trick relating to MEPs and normal LLs!

If you have a MEP and you also have reserved a LL for a ride that happens to be on the list of rides on your MEP, no matter what time it’s reserved for, if you go scan into that ride it will automatically use the normal one you have reserved later.

I had multiple successes with this yesterday. In the morning I got a MEP from both Indiana Jones and Space Mountain and in the early afternoon I got one from Incredicoaster (note that I would’ve only needed one MEP for this to work). Because Guardians is on the list of MEPs from Indy and Space, when I had a return time for Guardians for 3:50-4:50 but I scanned in at 3:30, it did NOT use the MEP but it used the 3:50-4:50 one. Later I had a LL for Incredicoaster at 5:25-6:25. At 4:45 I scanned in and used it. Then after scanning in I reserved Soarin’ for 7:15-8:15 but then after getting off Incredicoaster I immediately went over to Soarin’ and used it 2 hours early.

This is extremely significant because it means that if you have a MEP, return times for any ride the MEP is valid on DO NOT MATTER as long as you have some time reserved. Keep in mind that Haunted Mansion Holiday, Space Mountain, Indiana Jones, Matterhorn, Toy Story, and Guardians are not normally included in MEPs unless it comes from one of those rides, in which case it will be valid on all of the above

I have discovered a massive new trick relating to MEPs and normal LLs!

If you have a MEP and you also have reserved a LL for a ride that happens to be on the list of rides on your MEP, no matter what time it’s reserved for, if you go scan into that ride it will automatically use the normal one you have reserved later.

I had multiple successes with this yesterday. In the morning I got a MEP from both Indiana Jones and Space Mountain and in the early afternoon I got one from Incredicoaster (note that I would’ve only needed one MEP for this to work). Because Guardians is on the list of MEPs from Indy and Space, when I had a return time for Guardians for 3:50-4:50 but I scanned in at 3:30, it did NOT use the MEP but it used the 3:50-4:50 one. Later I had a LL for Incredicoaster at 5:25-6:25. At 4:45 I scanned in and used it. Then after scanning in I reserved Soarin’ for 7:15-8:15 but then after getting off Incredicoaster I immediately went over to Soarin’ and used it 2 hours early.

This is extremely significant because it means that if you have a MEP, return times for any ride the MEP is valid on DO NOT MATTER as long as you have some time reserved. Keep in mind that Haunted Mansion Holiday, Space Mountain, Indiana Jones, Matterhorn, Toy Story, and Guardians are not normally included in MEPs unless it comes from one of those rides, in which case it will be valid on all of the above
So you scan your ticket instead of the pass? Or did you scan the MEP and the times LL went away? Trying to read exactly how to do it :)

Not sure if this is new or just bad luck… But we went to go on BTMRR with our LLs but it was down. It was at that time I realized that only my daughter had a LL and not me. I have no idea how that happened. But I figured she would just use her MSEP on a ride I didn’t want to go on. A few hours later, I went to book an LL again for BTMRR and it would only let me book one for myself, because it said my daughter had already used one on BTMRR. Super disappointing. Luckily, we still have her MSEP so we’ll just use that. Hopefully it’s just a glitch…

Are then any YouTube videos you can recommend about this process? I'm a 100% noob to G+ and right now my head is spinning, lol. TKS

Also if you have issues with the system saying you’ve used something that you haven’t like in the cases above, you can always go talk to guest relations. If something isn’t right they fix it in my experience. If you search guest relations on the app all the locations around both parks will show up

To tag along to this, make sure you have booked a LL for a ride if you also have a MEP. For example, once I used a MEP on Space Mountain but I had never made a LL for Space Mountain. I was going to later. I was not able to create one for Space Mountain after riding it with a MEP first. I never thought of doing it in the order you suggested. Thanks!
Is this how the MEP is designed to work? Seems like they should still allow you to book another LL if you hadn’t actually booked one yet.

Is this how the MEP is designed to work? Seems like they should still allow you to book another LL if you hadn’t actually booked one yet.
I don’t think it’s supposed to do that. MEPs are supposed to be compensation for a ride breaking down and aren’t supposed to replace any other rides. Probably just a glitch that can be avoided if you make sure to have a “normal” LL booked for that ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter