How to find item in DLR shops?

lauramckenna

Earning My Ears
On a previous WDW trip I was able to use the Shop Disney Parks app to find an item for sale at a specific store in the parks. But I just looked something up (some Mr Toad tsum-tsums, to be precise, yes I am a nostalgic nerd) and did a search, but it only shows the locations for sale in WDW, not DLR! Is there anything similar available for DLR? Or am I an idiot in addition to nostalgic and am just using the app wrong?

There's nothing similar for DL. Shop Disney app is WDW-centric.

As far as finding something in DL, the only way is to ask. And your answers will run the gamut from "I think they have them in XXX" to "Let me call XXX and ask them". I've found most of the time when they say "I think they have them....." it means that they're out park-wide but they just don't want to be the one to tell you.

I am of no help on the shops question, but is there a new Mr. Toad tsum tsum or is the one that's been out for a while? I've had the previous Mr. Toad tsum tsum riding around in my car (of course) for a few years now.

I am of no help on the shops question, but is there a new Mr. Toad tsum tsum or is the one that's been out for a while? I've had the previous Mr. Toad tsum tsum riding around in my car (of course) for a few years now.

I honestly have no idea - I don’t really follow these things. I just happened to see it on the app.

It often depends on if you are looking for an item based on a particular character. At Disneyland some merchandise that is based on characters tends to be location specific but not always. With some other stuff its just a shot in the dark. The main downtown Disney store supposedly has everything but I have found that not to be the case. If you want a certain item the only real way of finding out is to go into every store you see. Thats a lot of work though.

On a previous WDW trip I was able to use the Shop Disney Parks app to find an item for sale at a specific store in the parks. But I just looked something up (some Mr Toad tsum-tsums, to be precise, yes I am a nostalgic nerd) and did a search, but it only shows the locations for sale in WDW, not DLR! Is there anything similar available for DLR? Or am I an idiot in addition to nostalgic and am just using the app wrong?
Mostly the same answer as PP - there is no easy way for someone to check at DLR about merchandise. I think it's also a result of everything at DLR being in easy walking distance vs WDW when you'd need to take a bus/car/monorail/boat to get to another store.

For the Tsums, you're going to want to focus on the major stores: Emporium in Disneyland, Elias & Co in DCA, or World of Disney in DtD. Those are the only places where I've consistently seen them. There is no special "Mr Toad" merchandise area in the parks, so at least it limits the locations.

Oh, and the Mr Toad versions are available on the Shop Disney to ship direct to your home if all else fails.

For your specific item, I did see the Mr. Toad Tsums Tsums in the toy room (second room) of Elias & Co on BVS a few weeks ago.

... I've found most of the time when they say "I think they have them....." it means that they're out park-wide but they just don't want to be the one to tell you.
This can depend on whether the CM you are asking is a Disney fan or not. You can tell whether the CM is clueless or knowledgeable when you ask. If they are clueless and give you the above answer, then the above comment pretty much applies. But (!), if the CM appears to be knowledgeable about DLR merchandise (some CMs are serious shoppers/collectors!) and they say that the item in question "might be found ______," ask them to call for you and/or head for that shop because there is a real chance the item may be there. This happened to us on Mickey's 90th -- the CM in the Music Shoppe on Main Street knew that the birthday pins were sold out, but she had called for another guest not 10 minutes earlier and thought a few pins might still be found at Store Command. She appeared to know what she was talking about (compared to her colleague who was nice, but clueless) and turned out to be right!

And, I think, we've seen Tsum Tsums at one of the shops in TT.

TsumTsums are for sale at the World of Disney, the toy store in ToonTown & the toy store when you first come into DCA. If you go to one and they don’t have it ask if they can call the other shops and check and put one on hold for you so you’re no trekking around all over the parks on a wild goose chase. Good luck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter