How to find a lifelong Disney partner???

purpie17

Earning My Ears
I’m a 40 year old single female in Texas. I love Disney. Moving isn’t in the cards because I want to stay close to family. Mousemingle hasn’t come up with anything.

To add to my dilemma, I’m not the most adventurous type. I just want to live out my days with my match, sitting on a porch swing and visiting Disney as much as possible.

Even though I am very much a fan of people and interacting and connecting it’s them, I am not a fan of going out so I have a hard time meeting new people. I also absolutely hate dating. I know I’ve put myself in this pickle and need to put myself out there, but keep hoping that I can meet someone online.

Just throwing this out there for help from others, ideas from others, a Dis-man who lives in Austin!

I know I can’t be the only one in this kind of lonely boat...

Last edited:
I’m a 40 year old single female in Texas. I love Disney. Moving isn’t in the cards because I want to stay close to family. Mousemingle hasn’t come up with anything.

To add to my dilemma, I’m not the most adventurous type. I just want to live out my days with my match, sitting on a porch swing and visiting Disney as much as possible.

Just throwing this out there for help from others, ideas from others, a Dis-man who lives in Austin!

Oh, you're certainly not the only one. I am also 40 and never found a match, certainly not a Disney lover. I'm in Memphis, and the pool here is smaller that some places. I definitely understand though.

Welcome to the DIS! You can meet all kinds of nice Disney friends here. We're always happy to chat. I've even met some people from here at the parks for a little hanging out. Have fun!

As a note of encouragement, not every prince starts out as a Disney lover. Mine wasn't even really Disney tolerant, much less a Disney lover. Now he likes Disney a lot, but says that what he really loves about Disney is that it makes me happy. And as long as I love it, then he's happy to see me be happy. :) The right prince for you may be a Disney lover or he may be someone who loves you and learns to like/love Disney through you. Don't lose hope!

Sometimes you just have to find someone who fits you, and then see if you can spark a Disney interest.

My man was in WDW when he was 6 and never again. He likes cartoons, super hero’s, startrek. Not Star Wars as much. When I met him, besides a full time day job he also ran sci fi conventions and worked part time at a comic book store!

We had so many things in common or close, but Disney was not one of them, and worse of all...he is not the easiest person to adopt change. (He is not the best at compromise!)

So when I approached the idea of Disney, I told him about all the things he would enjoy...being able to be a big kid.. enjoy awesome food (he is a foodie) and I sold him on WDW for our honeymoon. Disney became Our Thing...not something he was super into before we met..and my interest was moderate, and not a super fan.

Now he is a bigger Disney fan then I..watches all sorts of blogs and news sites anytime something comes out, he knows it. He wants to take me to magic kingdom Paris for my 50th.

If I was single I think I would not want to be with someone who was a Super Fan, or bigger Disney nut then I...or had a theme park in their garage of things they collected over the years. That would almost feel like a competition and that would be wierd

Sometimes you just have to find someone who fits you, and then see if you can spark a Disney interest.

My man was in WDW when he was 6 and never again. He likes cartoons, super hero’s, startrek. Not Star Wars as much. When I met him, besides a full time day job he also ran sci fi conventions and worked part time at a comic book store!

We had so many things in common or close, but Disney was not one of them, and worse of all...he is not the easiest person to adopt change. (He is not the best at compromise!)

So when I approached the idea of Disney, I told him about all the things he would enjoy...being able to be a big kid.. enjoy awesome food (he is a foodie) and I sold him on WDW for our honeymoon. Disney became Our Thing...not something he was super into before we met..and my interest was moderate, and not a super fan.

Now he is a bigger Disney fan then I..watches all sorts of blogs and news sites anytime something comes out, he knows it. He wants to take me to magic kingdom Paris for my 50th.

If I was single I think I would not want to be with someone who was a Super Fan, or bigger Disney nut then I...or had a theme park in their garage of things they collected over the years. That would almost feel like a competition and that would be wierd

One thing though is that he was already into "geek stuff" and Disney is similar to that, so I can see the adaptation. I wasn't always a big Disney nerd, but I was always some kind of nerd, be it super heroes, video games, Star Wars/Trek, etc. so Disney fit pretty naturally into the mold. Not everyone is as easily swayed.

One thing though is that he was already into "geek stuff" and Disney is similar to that, so I can see the adaptation. I wasn't always a big Disney nerd, but I was always some kind of nerd, be it super heroes, video games, Star Wars/Trek, etc. so Disney fit pretty naturally into the mold. Not everyone is as easily swayed.

I totally agree..I found someone who fits me and added Disney! Hopefully this can encourage others to do the same!

I totally agree..I found someone who fits me and added Disney! Hopefully this can encourage others to do the same!
Well, that may not be possible for some of us. When people who don't know me well come over to my house, they get kind of weird when they walk in to my living room and see the Mickey throw pillows and the framed lithographs from my favorite movies. I've got ear hats and headbands displayed on the walls like works of art (some of them are!), and I'm currently working on a Mickey head pom pom rug which I intend to proudly display in the middle of the room. The kitchen is worse but thankfully it's not the first thing people see. Any advice for how to get past that? I'm not ready to date yet, but when I finally do start to date I anticipate having some issues with it. I sympathize with the OP; surrounding myself with Disney makes me happy but it's also kind of isolating.

Well, that may not be possible for some of us. When people who don't know me well come over to my house, they get kind of weird when they walk in to my living room and see the Mickey throw pillows and the framed lithographs from my favorite movies. I've got ear hats and headbands displayed on the walls like works of art (some of them are!), and I'm currently working on a Mickey head pom pom rug which I intend to proudly display in the middle of the room. The kitchen is worse but thankfully it's not the first thing people see. Any advice for how to get past that? I'm not ready to date yet, but when I finally do start to date I anticipate having some issues with it. I sympathize with the OP; surrounding myself with Disney makes me happy but it's also kind of isolating.

Well I would try to let them know beforehand..”oh...by the way...you know how some people collect coke memorabilia, well, I collect Disney memorabilia. It makes me happy. Do you collect anything?”

I met my hubby at a Halloween party. We talked for ours about our related fandoms. He was interested in things I was not, and vice versa. He warned me about how, since he worked at a comic book store, he got lots of figurines and comic books! He had his own place, but I was home taking care of my grandparents. We have lots to build on that was not Disney.

Don't I know it! I like my house the way it is, but it has lots of "geek stuff" out on prominent display. It's definitely so weird to some. It sounds to me like my first reaction upon entering your living room would be "Awesome!" :)

I would love to have a partner who loves Disney as much as I do one day. Some people think that going to WDW all the time is weird, which is fine, but it would be nice to find someone who thought it was awesome! Just letting you know I'm in the same TX boat! :)

Don't I know it! I like my house the way it is, but it has lots of "geek stuff" out on prominent display. It's definitely so weird to some. It sounds to me like my first reaction upon entering your living room would be "Awesome!" :)

Same here! First timers get a tour of the cool stuff, lol. We get questions.. What is That? What is a magical moment certificate? It’s fun to find “the kid” in a new friend.

I didn't meet my match until I was 42. We met online ( ugh, I know - I met a few frogs before I met my prince ) and connected on a few areas. One of my interests is travel and that came up fairly early in the getting to know you type of conversations. Turned out we both really liked Disney - so much so that he wanted to go to WDW for our Honeymoon last year.

It's not always the most comfortable thing to put ourselves out there, but it does have it's rewards as well.

Good luck, and don't give up.

Also a single female in Texas, that porch swing/Disney visits on repeat is SO what I’m hunting!!! I feel you

Reactions: kab
I'm a Disney nut and would love to relocate to Florida or closer to Florida some day. I have a obsession with Disney and I'm always watching YouTube videos and checking out Disney news to get my Disney fix. I'm pretty sure most of my friends think I'm nuts. I don't collect much but I do have a few related items and a few shares of stock (I just wanted to own some of the magic).

As a note of encouragement, not every prince starts out as a Disney lover. Mine wasn't even really Disney tolerant, much less a Disney lover. Now he likes Disney a lot, but says that what he really loves about Disney is that it makes me happy. And as long as I love it, then he's happy to see me be happy. :) The right prince for you may be a Disney lover or he may be someone who loves you and learns to like/love Disney through you. Don't lose hope!

Same! My husband loathed Disney and had never visited prior to meeting me. Now he's headed on a solo trip with kids in August, I'm staying home with the doggos.

Perhaps taking “Disney guy” out of your priority list will make it easier for you to find the perfect porch swing guy. So many of us have Disney-hating spouses, who encourage us to go and have fun, or who suck it up for the sake of our happiness. And we reciprocate for their quirks! I wouldn’t trade my crowd-hating guy for any DisGuy out there :) Someone might hate WDW, and think your Mickey rug is kinda weird, but he might adore you anyway!

Even though I am very much a fan of people and interacting and connecting it’s them, I am not a fan of going out so I have a hard time meeting new people. I also absolutely hate dating. I know I’ve put myself in this pickle and need to put myself out there, but keep hoping that I can meet someone online.

My DH is a Disney tolerator because he loves me. :P As in, I can usually get him to go with me 1-2 times a year and I go on fun solo trips too!

I'm not saying a potential match for me has to love Disney too - tolerating it is acceptable. The problem though is that among a lot of people, one's love of Disney can actually be off-putting. It is seen as weird by many, many people, and that makes it hard to ever really meet someone, even someone who could learn to accept it eventually. They just check the "no" box and move on. It really can be difficult.

A female friend of mine was a huge Star Wars fan. So much so that her entire house was decorated that way. She even had a full size Darth Vader that freaked out a few guys that came over. But then she found that perfect guy who loved Star Wars as much as she did and they live happily ever. It can happen when you least expect - But you probably need to force yourself to get out more. Maybe don't look specifically for someone who,loves Disney, but maybe someone who loves animation or movie making. Austin is a great place to be if you have to be in Texas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter