How to determine Ebay shipping charges

mrp4352

DIS Veteran
Hi!
I have several Disney snow globes I thought to sell on Ebay, but I am unsure how to set a fair price on the shipping without knowing where I'll be sending the package. I don't mind taking a loss on shipping, but I'd rather not have to eat all the shipping cost either, you know?
TIA!

I haven’t sold on eBay for a while but when I did, all you had to do was put in the weight of the package and what shipping methods you would use. It will automatically calculate the price for each person based on their location.

There are 3 options to pick for shipping items on eBay, free shipping (you pay shipping costs), the method above where you give package info and ebay calculates the shipping for the buyer to pay, or you can set a flat rate that anyone who bids has to pay. Be sure to specify which mailing service you're using and how fast you're going to ship.

When I was doing eBay.

Make sure to weigh the item in the box, with the bubble wrap or whatever you are going to use to pad the items.. don't just weigh the item on its own...

I set a flat rate, for US delivery's, and international deliveries were based on where they were in the world.

I only shipped priority mail, with insurance, and a tracking number. ( insurance- I only had to use it twice, and they were big ticket items) (tracking numbers kept me from having to refund money several times, it showed them delivered)

When shipping, you need to think of the cost to package the item or items, box, bubble wrap, tape, label ... and with something breakable, as well for international shipping.. I would go for a heavy duty box...

You have to remember you don't know what that box is going to go through once you hand it over...

Happy selling..

Under 1 pound: Free shipping, ship via USPS First Class
Over 1 pound: Calculated shipping offering USPS Parcel Post, USPS Prioirty, Fedex Smartpost, and Fedex Ground.
Use ebay's shipping service to create labels as ebay has a discounted rate with the carriers that is below retail cost.

The reason I split it is because the options for shipping something over 1 pound vary significantly in cost depending on where it's going. An item that is $8 to ship 1 state over can be $20 to ship across the country with the same service.

Definitely use calculated. Have the globes packed and exactly as you will mail them. Weigh them and then pick your shipping option. Probably Priority and put in the box dimensions and weight. It will base the shipping on where it is going. If you print from ebay you personally get a discount on shipping. Super easy

I sometimes charge the flat rate prices for the boxes and if I can mail it cheaper in my own box I do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter