How to coordinate ME when staying at the airport Hyatt?

Alison S

Mouseketeer
I'm looking at flight times for our upcoming vacation, and am considering staying at the Hyatt in the airport either the night we arrive or the night before we depart. If I choose to do this, how does the ME booking work? For example, I may want to take it to disney at 9 AM, or I may want to leave our disney resort to arrive at the airport the evening before our flight. Do I have to make up flight times?

Yep, just choose fictitious flight info to give them & manipulate your bus times that way.

Just know that ME picks up about 3 hours before your 'flight time' on the route back to airport, so pick your flight times accordingly.

I did just that a couple of years ago. It was nice to relax at the airport Hyatt for the night. I actually split up our family the next day because DD and I wanted to make it to rope drop FOP while DH and DS wanted to sleep in. The fictitious plane arrival times worked great!

Airport Hyatt is very nice and the airport itself is rather fun with plenty of Disney touches to add to the excitement.

No need to lie about your flight. Simply call and let them know that you're staying at an airport hotel. It's not an unusual situation, so the call will be very short.
And the direct number for DME is 866-599-0951. Have your resort confirmation number and the date(s)/time(s) at the ready.

I have found that calling direct is always quick and efficient. Calling the Disney reservation number or DVC member services always confuses the cast members because they expect flight information.

Thanks Ralph&Pam. I tried to track down that phone number but all I saw was the "regular" number so I didn't post it.

I have not used DME, but here is my thinking. As to when you LEAVE the airport heading to WDW - I am sure they do not wait around for anyone nobody what time your flight is scheduled to land. For example, on the same plane you might be on, some people can get from plane landing to the bus in 20 minutes. Some will take well over an hour heading towards 90 minutes with bathroom breaks, shopping, getting lost, etc. No way they are going to make people wait for each person that is "scheduled" to arrive.

Coming back from a Disney Hotel is different. They know you are there and you need to leave.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter