how to convince my husband

pattybe

Earning My Ears
I have one day at MK this week and a short weekend at the end of the month:cool: . What should be on my list to convince my husband that we need to do this more often?? We are staying at the Contemporary and going to Calif Grill one night. ...(no baby on the quick trips)

Disnee Dad Says...................................How about the direct method? The constitution says you have the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness! You have the right, no the obligation, to pursue happiness!

If he's anything like my husband, WDW did all the convincing. Once you've been, you just have to keep going back!

I thought the same thing last year when I took my BF for the first time...now, we're going back in 29 days!! He was skeptical at first during the planning stages, but once we arrived he got into the spirit of things saying "this is a complete utopia." I think your DH will feel the same. Be sure to bring him to the World Showcase at Epcot...and Test Track...these were real winners with my BF. Good luck! We're all routing for your success!

Don't get me wrong-WE make the decisions for our family. I just want to make sure he loves WDW as much as I do. At this point, he thinks I am crazy because of my excitement!
As for what he likes, ...thrills, drinking, good restaurants, fireworks, history and he's a lifelong learner.
Any other suggestions?

Don't convince him, go without him! My son and I go every year and leave him at home!!

My hubby was sceptical before our first trip too- it seems like a place for little kids. Make sure to some "adult" romantic things at WDW and he'll see that it is a special place for ANYONE. The California Grill is a great idea, (yummy food!) but it isn't that different from taking him to a really nice restaurant somewhere else. Do it, but still, You need to get him in the parks to "sell him." The World Showcase at Epcot is beautiful in the evening- everything is just glowing. If you like mexican food, the San Angel Inn in the Mexico pavillian is all dark inside (romantic) and the ceiling is all stars. Ask for a table by the water. There is a river that winds around the restaurant. (It's a ride) If you ride the monorail from the contemporary into Epcot, that is sure to impress him. It goes all through the park and you can see everything. You mentioned that he likes thrills, so you HAVE to take hime to the Tower of Terror ride at MGM Studios. It is so much more than a ride. The holograms, floating ghosts, and theming are sure to impress him and he'll leave smiling. It's unlike anything anywhere. I would do the Magic Kingdom only after you know you've sold him on Disney, because it is the most "Kiddie-ish" I can't get enough of it, and my husband now appreciates it, but being a tough guy, he wasn't into it at first. He loves Animal Kingdom, MGM, and Epcot. When you stay at the Contemporary, see if you can do some resort hopping, for an hour or so, and show him other great places to come back to on a future trip. The monorail goes right to the Polynesian and the Grand Floridian. You can hop off at each and explore, and try to get over to the Wilderness Lodge. That one usually knocks the socks off most guys. Well, I'll quit now- I just wanted you to know that I started with a sceptical husband, and I kept getting him to come back. Now he loves it as much as I do and we've been Disney Vacation Club members for three years now! Good Luck & Have Fun!!!

I agree, you have to convince him while you are there. My bf was the same way,but once we got there he was totally enamored of the place. For him, all it takes is to ask him right after a ride on Rockin Rollercoaster and I could probably get him to make reservations for the next trip right then !!!

Where is the rockin roller coaster? Thanks to all for your suggestions!! Keep them coming,please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pattybe--you haven't been on the Rockin' Roller Coaster with Aerosmith! This, I guarantee, will hook your DH on Disney. This ride is a blast!! It's at MGM and it's a MUST!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter