How to Change park tickets for rescheduled visit?

sndral

DIS Veteran
We were scheduled to arrive 3/30 staying through 4/6. I successfully moved the resort part of the stay to the end of Sept..
Although I have an AP, my friend has a regular date based multiday park ticket purchased from Disney - can some one please explain how to change that ticket to cover the new dates?
Thanks.

Disney automatically updated my tickets on MDE to extend thru 12/15/2020...I didn't have to call or do anything on my end. The tickets are still linked to my MDE account and now they show a valid date thru 12/15/20.

my friend has a regular date based multiday park ticket purchased from Disney - can some one please explain how to change that ticket to cover the new dates?
The person who controls the MDX account where that ticket is linked:
Go to the tickets page, select the ticket and modify the date on the ticket.

Thank you - I figured it was something simple like that, but before I dispensed advise I wanted to be sure!

Can you change the dates on the MDE app? I’m not seeing the option to do that when I go to my tickets.

Can you change the dates on the MDE app? I’m not seeing the option to do that when I go to my tickets.
MDX (or MDE) = MyDisneyExperience

As I siad before:

You can try changing the ticket via the MDX App or the MDX website.

Anyone having issues with this tonight? I chose the ticket on my MDE (I’m the controller of the ticket) and it gives me the calendar, but it won’t let me select new dates for the ticket? Trying to move from April 1st to May 11th. I suspect I’m doing something wrong. :crazy2:

As I siad before:

Yes I have gone to the Ticket page on both the app & the website. I do not see an option to change ticket dates. When I click on the ticket, it will not “select” it. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Disney automatically updated my tickets on MDE to extend thru 12/15/2020...I didn't have to call or do anything on my end. The tickets are still linked to my MDE account and now they show a valid date thru 12/15/20.
What happens if you can't use them by that date?

Anyone having issues with this tonight? I chose the ticket on my MDE (I’m the controller of the ticket) and it gives me the calendar, but it won’t let me select new dates for the ticket? Trying to move from April 1st to May 11th. I suspect I’m doing something wrong. :crazy2:

I think currently that option is only avail for tix thru 03/31 or that started before that date. If Disney extends the closure I assume that will impact the April tickets. I'm sure you can call to change them. I have some I need to change for April as well.

Chatted with a lovely cast member on the website and I guess the date change feature was down for a bit, but it came back up and
I was able to modify without issue! Thanks all!

As I siad before:

Mine only shows an option to reassign. I am trying to help my parents change the date on theirs. I logged in on my mom's account...reassign only.

Mine only shows an option to reassign. I am trying to help my parents change the date on theirs. I logged in on my mom's account...reassign only.

I'm not surprised.
Give it some time if the need is not yet "pressing."
(Otherwise, call Disney.)

This is a helpful thread. I like to think that my question can be answered here instead of having to bother the beleaguered CMs.

My son and I have tickets starting April 1. Even if the park reopens next week (yeah, right!) the FL governor would like me to self quarantine for two weeks since I'm from NY.

I don't know if either of us will be visiting WDW in 2020. I don't see a confirmation number for our tickets -- bought at different times. What do we use for "proof" if we want to use the value of the tickets toward tickets in 2021? And even if we do use them in 2020, what proof do we use? Will they just hang out in My Disney?

Thanks

What do we use for "proof" if we want to use the value of the tickets toward tickets in 2021? And even if we do use them in 2020, what proof do we use? Will they just hang out in My Disney?
If your purchased tickets are linked to your MDX account and they expire (even if YOU can no longer see them in your MDX account) will be able to be accessed by Disney Guest Relations.

If your purchased tickets are linked to your MDX account and they expire (even if YOU can no longer see them in your MDX account) will be able to be accessed by Disney Guest Relations.

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Will they be able to access it just by name or will they need something else?

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Will they be able to access it just by name or will they need something else?
Your name and email address will work, but be sure to have a legal photo ID with you (or the guest to whomever the MDX account belongs) to prove identity.

For extra security, I would take (and save in your files) some screen grabs on MDX of any tickets that you have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter