How to break up the lodging...

gjw89

Earning My Ears
Thanks to all the postings and old threads we have decided on 10 days in socal for our July vacation. We currently live in AZ so the heat is not a big deal,and it is the month that works best for our family. we have ds5 and dd2 at time of travel. we will be driving over to save money for lodging.Budget is $3500 (cannot budge on that since we are going all out for 07 DCL cruise)
Here is what we have planned so far:

4 days in San Diego
2 misc day in Anaheim
3 days in Disney

my questions:

where should the missing day go Anaheim or San Diego?

we would like to stay on site for just Disney to make it as easy as possbile on ourselves.-What area/hotel would be best to stay and see rest of Anaheim ?

-Thanks a bunch!

During your Anaheim visit, do you want to stay close to DL the entire time, or were you thinking about visiting other places like Knotts Berry Farm? Or maybe the beach and coastal areas close to Anaheim?

:blush: sorry I thought I put that in :blush:

The only other theme park attraction we would like to see is Knottsberry. We would like to take in local flavor. Beach etc. We do not want to add any more days to the Disney portion of our vacation. Since we are going to stay onsite for the park visits we thought we could save big bucks by moving offsite to see Anaheim/surrounding area

I liked the Comfort Inn and Suites on Harbor Blvd. for your extra 2 days. They have the Kids' Suite, which is a separate room for kids with bunkbeds. It's only a 10 minute or so drive up the freeway to Knott's or not far to beaches or whatever in Orange County.

so stay right there on the strip? If that is the case staying at the Marriott RI Garden Grove would be good too for visiting anaheim area?( I really like their Kids Suites)

Would ya'll spend an additional day in anaheim area or san diego area?

The Ayres Hotel Anaheim might be a nice place for you and your family to stay. We've never stayed there, but it gets great reviews. The rooms have microwaves and refers, marble wet bars and vanities, a nice pool area, and they serve a complimentary hot buffet breakfast daily, and Mon - Thurs they have a manager's evening reception with complimentary wine, beer, and snacks. It's located close to Arrowhead Ponds and Angel Stadium. The rates run around $110 - $120 per night. Gosh, it sounds so nice, we may have to stay there on our next trip to DL! LOL :earboy2: I also thought the great free breakfast (eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, hashbrowns, pancakes, french toast, etc...) would save you guys a little money.

Anyway, go to www.tripadvisor.com and do a search for the Ayres Hotel Anaheim. Then read the reviews and see what you think.

Of course, there are several great places to stay right in the DL area. Candy Cane Inn, Fairfield Inn, Hilton, Howard Johnson, etc...

You could stay somewhere near Knotts Berry Farm, although I don't know much about the hotels in that area. Someone else may be able to comment on that. Anyway, Camp Snoopy at Knotts Berry Farm would be fun for your little ones, and they may even enjoy watching the dinner show at Medieval Times. You could also do a search on tripadvisor.com for Knotts Berry Farm, click on hotels at the top of the page, and read the reviews on the hotels in that area.

Anyway, I hope this helps you out a little. We used to live in Arizona (Glendale) and drove to DL all the time. It was awesome to be able to be at DL after only a five hour drive.

Hope you have a great vacation! :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter