how to become a WDW vacation planner??

jswalker1981

Mouseketeer
I was just wondering what would be needed, education etc., to become a vacation planner at disney world? Does anyone know about how to do that? Thank you.

I don't know, but I feel like I should get paid since I do it for people all the time!! :)

Vacation Planners are technically Central Reservations Agents that work at the call center. I think all you need is a high school education and a pulse. :) Computer experience is probably required although they have training to use their reservation programs.

The are responsible for answering calls to 407-W-Disney, making hotel reservation, dining reservations, etc... etc...

"Vacation Planners" could also be the people in the ticket booths, selling tickets at the parks.

If you want to help plan people's vacations, you could look into becoming a travel agent with a Disney-only agency. Dreams Unlimited is run by the same folks that run this board, you might want to try contacting Webmaster Pete to see if they need people, and if they're willing to train.

If you want to be a true vacation planner, then I would take courses in travel and tourism in college. To be a travel agent there is plenty of things you need to learn other than just an interest in Disney. There is also the Disney College of Knowledge you can take if you are working at a travel agency.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter