How strict are they with kids credits and menu choices?

How we handled the only time we were on DDP, we checked menus in advance and chose CS locations that had something other than mac-n-cheese or chicken strips. Took some research, but can be done. e.g. Cosmic Rays has a kid's salad with chicken - woohoo! We researched TS with nice kid options as well, like steak at Jiko or Concourse Steakhouse. I'm not sure how we'll handle our next trip with DDP. So far, planning on sharing real food off our orders with kids then sharing kids meals later as a snack. We do better with late morning light lunch and afternoon snack than each getting own CS with dessert and drink which leaves us too full to ride anything 'til food digests :rolleyes2

It is really frustrating and seems that Disney is almost forcing us to play the system, if you will, by getting CS meals for kids when each CS spot has only 2 kids options, which are sometimes just awful. Many kids like burgers, yet I haven't noticed any CS spots in the parks that offer a burger for kids. And cold chicken doesn't cut it, frankly. It's disappointing that Disney which is so geared to kids forgets them when it's time to eat (although TS options are a lot better).

what is the price difference for 2 -10 year olds instead, cause then you would get adult meals no problem .if not that much I would change their age sif I wanted adult meals so bad if not that big a price difference
maria

If we don't see a good kid's meal at the counter, I usually just get the biggest plate for me and let mine eat off it. It easily feeds us. . Example. You want ribs at Rays. Nothing you see for the kid. Get the chicken and ribs combo, keep the ribs and the kid gets the chicken. It says kids must order off the child's menu. It doesn't say they have to order. At other places, we eat family style and if he wants an adult food, we share and eat his mac n cheese as a side item.

The problem is the kids menu's are bascially junk food all week for the kids! Yuck, my kids eat meat and vegtables for dinner not Chicken nuggets, fries and Peanut butter and jelly. They should have a kid size portion of a adult dinner as and option. Even Kona and some of the better restaurants have junk food kids menu's. I don't feed my kids crap all the time so I'll end up either POO for their meal or let them share a big meal with Dh and I.

DVCkidsMOM said:
How we handled the only time we were on DDP, we checked menus in advance and chose CS locations that had something other than mac-n-cheese or chicken strips. Took some research, but can be done. e.g. Cosmic Rays has a kid's salad with chicken - woohoo! We researched TS with nice kid options as well, like steak at Jiko or Concourse Steakhouse. I'm not sure how we'll handle our next trip with DDP. So far, planning on sharing real food off our orders with kids then sharing kids meals later as a snack. We do better with late morning light lunch and afternoon snack than each getting own CS with dessert and drink which leaves us too full to ride anything 'til food digests :rolleyes2
Thanks for the tip!

kaysmommie said:
The problem is the kids menu's are bascially junk food all week for the kids! Yuck, my kids eat meat and vegtables for dinner not Chicken nuggets, fries and Peanut butter and jelly. They should have a kid size portion of a adult dinner as and option. Even Kona and some of the better restaurants have junk food kids menu's. I don't feed my kids crap all the time so I'll end up either POO for their meal or let them share a big meal with Dh and I.
WOW! And I was just thinking about how Disney has really revamped their kid's menus to include much healthier choices than they had when my kids were younger! For instance, I'm seeing baked chicken wings on the Flame Tree menu, vegetable noodle stirfry at the ABC Commissary, grilled chicken wrap at the Flatbread Grill, turkey/cheese pinwheels at the Electric Umbrella...I could list a CS at every park that offers a healthy choice for kids. When my kids were younger it was burgers, chicken nuggets, hot dogs, mac&cheese or PB&J for the entire week unless we fed them from our plates!

I do agree that the TS restaurants could offer kids better choices. Some are actually better than others. The trick is to find a happy medium. I'm not thrilled with the limited vegetarian choices at most of the restaurants but we work around it the best way that we can. Have you checked the menus here? You might have some luck finding healthier dining options for your kids by looking thru the various menus listed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter