How Silly of a girl am I??? (Teppan Edo)

LadyDiznee123

DIS Veteran
Hello All:

After a 2015 visit where I had way too many ADRs (interfered with my park-time. I cancelled the last three and really enjoyed my last three days) , I decided that I would only do one ADR come Nov of this year, and that it would be for Tappan Edo, which was one of the ADR's that I had to cancel in 2015.

With that being said, I have seen people post where they were "DONE" with ADR's and many asserted that they have done walk-ups and waited for not longer than 30 minutes.

I'm just wondering, since I will be Solo and Tappan Edo has a group setting, is there a chance I can just walk into Tappan Edo one late afternoon / early evening???

A lot of the Epcot restaurants are easy walk-ins but I would never take the chance. I pretty much do 1 ADR per day while at WDW but I do so strategically to avoid interfering with quality park time. Besides, they are just way too easy to cancel or change with the MDE app now.

A lot of the Epcot restaurants are easy walk-ins but I would never take the chance. I pretty much do 1 ADR per day while at WDW but I do so strategically to avoid interfering with quality park time. Besides, they are just way too easy to cancel or change with the MDE app now.

Gotcha.
Thanks Kirk!

I am one of those people who hardly makes ADRs for my group of 2, and have been this way for the past few years. That said, if I know that I want to eat at a specific restaurant then I book it. We have just gotten to the point that we don't have that many places that we absolutely HAVE to eat at, and therefore are pretty flexible. Also, a lot of the places that we like aren't those that are insanely popular on the boards/in WDW proper, or have lounges, so it is easier for us to eat where we like without having ADRs.

But I think you are MORE likely to walk in to Teppan Edo b/c of the group seating. They could more easily add you to a table that is not full compared to other restaurants where you would occupy a whole table.

I am one of those people who hardly makes ADRs for my group of 2, and have been this way for the past few years. That said, if I know that I want to eat at a specific restaurant then I book it. We have just gotten to the point that we don't have that many places that we absolutely HAVE to eat at, and therefore are pretty flexible. Also, a lot of the places that we like aren't those that are insanely popular on the boards/in WDW proper, or have lounges, so it is easier for us to eat where we like without having ADRs.
\

Gotcha.
TE is pretty much a must for me so I may as well go on and get a ressie for an approximate time to get in there.
My World Showcase day will begin at 11am. I am being generous with time and presume I will be done by 3pm. There dinner starts at 4 and so I think that would be a good time to try and book it. I will be solo so it's my hope it will not be a problem.

To all. Thanks for responding. I just wasn't sure what time to book if I was going to book. If for some reason I find that I really am NOT done with World Showcase by that time, i will just have to resume after my meal!

So the answer is... make the friggin ressie!

Thanks again! You DISers rock!

I wouldn't try walk ups for most things, but honestly - you can usually grab reservations day of to many restaurants. I would try that route. That way you have the reservation but can make it closer to the time you actually know what you feel like eating!

For instance - I looked for tonights options in Epcot and you can eat at Biergarten, Chefs, Coral Reef, M Paul, Nine Dragons, TE, Marrakesh, Rose and Crown, Tokyo Dining and Via Napoli. And dinner is only a couple/few hours away. I don't know if that will always be the case, but I know for our trips that we were planning TS, we definitely were able to find things last minute. We had a ton of reservations - just kept switching them!

At both Teppen Edo and Biergarten, you will have a very high success rate of a walk in as a solo. DW and I have never been turned away at either of these restaurants in the past as a party of 2 walkup. Obviously nothing is guaranteed but I really think you will have no issues what so ever.

At both Teppen Edo and Biergarten, you will have a very high success rate of a walk in as a solo. DW and I have never been turned away at either of these restaurants in the past as a party of 2 walkup. Obviously nothing is guaranteed but I really think you will have no issues what so ever.

The plan is to make the ressie for 4 or 5pm, but if I feel I am ready before those times, I will attempt a walk in.
Thanks for your input. I too believe this is true.

Walk-ins are welcome as long as there is availability. Teppen Edo, Biergarten, and Nine Dragons seem to be the easiest to do this with but during busy times you might get turned away. I would suggest checking the app and snagging an ADR the day you want to eat. Might save you some steps around the World Showcase.

I don't think you'll have too much of a problem with a walk-in to TE because of the seating style. That's why Biergarten is easy, too. It's easy to seat one more with a group of 3 and a group of 4 at a cooktop that seats 8 or 10, or whatever number it is.

What are your favorite places to eat at? My style is to plan last minute and I usually travel as 1 or 2 so I'd be curious to find out where you end up at.

What are your favorite places to eat at? My style is to plan last minute and I usually travel as 1 or 2 so I'd be curious to find out where you end up at.

Epcot-Tutto Gusto wine bar for cheese/apps/sandwiches/wine, La Cava for chips and queso/guac/ salsa/tequila/margaritas, or festival booths if it is F&W or F&G. Tangerine cafe, Les Halles, or Yorkshire County Fish Shop for QS.

MK- This is pretty much a wasteland of food for me, so I will often just grab some fries and pulled pork from cosmic rays to tide me over.

HS- Brown Derby lounge (can usually get a same day reservation for the restaurant but I prefer the lounge unless raining), Tune-in lounge at 50s also has bar seating we have used as walk ups, although I wasn't a fan of the food.

AK-Nomad lounge, Harambe market or Flame tree for QS.

Outside of the parks we have had no issue with same day reservations (usually booked only an hour or 2 in advance) or walk ups to: The Wave, Sanaa, Jiko, Yachtsman, Il Mulino (bar and restaurant), BlueZoo, Boma breakfast and dinner, Turf Club, Citricos, Trader Sam's, any of the TS at the moderate resorts when we are staying there and lazy.

Same here! I've walked up to Teppan Edo many times (with my DS even!) and have never been turned away....and thats with TWO PEOPLE. You really wont have any trouble being seated at Teppan Edo as a solo diner. I wouldnt bother with an ADR.

I don't think you'll have too much of a problem with a walk-in to TE because of the seating style. That's why Biergarten is easy, too. It's easy to seat one more with a group of 3 and a group of 4 at a cooktop that seats 8 or 10, or whatever number it is.
Absolutely! That's what I'm hoping. I will set a Ressie. But if I find myself with early free time, I will definitely try to walk in!
Thanks IrishNYC!

Same here! I've walked up to Teppan Edo many times (with my DS even!) and have never been turned away....and thats with TWO PEOPLE. You really wont have any trouble being seated at Teppan Edo as a solo diner. I wouldnt bother with an ADR.

Whoo-hoo! Thanks so much for responding!

Walk-ins are welcome as long as there is availability. Teppen Edo, Biergarten, and Nine Dragons seem to be the easiest to do this with but during busy times you might get turned away. I would suggest checking the app and snagging an ADR the day you want to eat. Might save you some steps around the World Showcase.

Thanks Kruegeme. Definitely will be checking the app as well!

Thanks so much sMcabee!

I wouldn't try walk ups for most things, but honestly - you can usually grab reservations day of to many restaurants. I would try that route. That way you have the reservation but can make it closer to the time you actually know what you feel like eating!

For instance - I looked for tonights options in Epcot and you can eat at Biergarten, Chefs, Coral Reef, M Paul, Nine Dragons, TE, Marrakesh, Rose and Crown, Tokyo Dining and Via Napoli. And dinner is only a couple/few hours away. I don't know if that will always be the case, but I know for our trips that we were planning TS, we definitely were able to find things last minute. We had a ton of reservations - just kept switching them!

Thanks OasterP. It looks like I am going to make a Ressie for my WS day. But if I am early... or feel like them on a different evening, I am going to at least ATTEMPT a walk in.

Unless it is a Saturday or Sunday. I wouldn't bother with a ADR. I would check availability the day before and see what it is like but it is never the first to fill in WS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter