How short is too short?

Even driving from a few hours away, I find under 3 nights to feel rushed. 3 always feels good to me.

Even driving from a few hours away, I find under 3 nights to feel rushed. 3 always feels good to me.

If I'm feeling spontaneous, I'll make a weekend trip work and enjoy it. Would more be better? Probably but would skipping be worse? Absolutely.

Interesting modern technology thing to look into. I happen to work somewhere I can telecommute. As long as I'm on for my shift, i'm working. There is no requirement to be somewhere specific when telecommuting, I just can't miss my shift and need to be able to perform my job. There's hundreds of pics from coworkers of some interesting places they worked. Come to think of it, nobody has one from inside a disney park, what's the rules on bringing in a laptop to MK? I don't plan to use it, just want to do a little "hard at work" picture.

I did a solo trip with one day at Universal and one day at Disney. It was perfect. Did I see or do everything? Not even close. Did I enjoy myself and relax? Yes, so it was worth it.

Would I do that short of a trip with my kids? No, not until they are older/teens.

I think it depends upon your own preferences. We did 3 nights/ 4 days. Arrival Day- MK. 2nd Day- DHS. 3rd Day- MNSSHP. 4th Day- DTD/ Depart.
We were perfectly okay with missing Epcot and AK. We had a blast! I think the key is to not try to squeeze everything in. Take the trip and have fun!

Not sure if this counts, but we did 1.5 days this past 12/31-1/1. We spent all of 12/31 at MK and then did a non-park day on 1/1. It was sad to be at the Beach Club and walk up to the gates of Epcot and not go in, but we had our June trip planned and I didn't want to annoy my boyfriend and drag him around Epcot while still exhausted. We had a LOT of fun at MK that day and went in with really low expectations, you know, based on crowds, only being one day, etc. We got a TON done and weren't disappointed if we missed stuff, however it may have been easier to temper our expectations because we knew we had 8 days in June coming up. I am only a 2 hour flight away and am definitely contemplating doing more long weekend trips now that my friend is moving back there in September!

We are doing a 3 night, adult only, anniversary trip in Feb. We are actually flying-it was right around $200 for both of us to fly. I think it will be enough because we went as a family this June and will go again as a family in June 2016 (probably 8 nights each trip). We have APs. We are doing Wed-Sat in early Feb, so I expect crowds to be low. We are staying at the Poly and only doing MK and Epcot.

Our plans are:
arrive to resort around noon, Epcot, Trader Sam's
sleep-in (sleep-in is like 8am to us-I normally wake up at 5:15am), go to MK, stay until park close (8pm), back to resort for Ohana
sleep-in, go to Epcot until around 6 pm for reservation at Narcoossee's
sleep-in, check out, leave bags at resort, brunch at CP at 10:30, hang out in MK until around 3pm

We usually spend a week at Disney. Luckily we have been there multiple times. New work and school schedules are making a week seem impossible. I was thinking of doing a short trip because we are a short two hour flight away. How long have you stayed where it doesn't feel rushed. In an ideal world I'd do longer but some seems better than none.
If flying in I want the trip to be at least three nights, two days. And with that I want direct flights. This to me is a wonderful fun frivolous get-a-way. Of course you need to pick and choose what to do. But it's so short you don't need more than a hour or two here and there for rest time. I've done short trips like this three different times. I've done several with an extra night or two also, as well as numerous week long trips.

If I'm feeling spontaneous, I'll make a weekend trip work and enjoy it. Would more be better? Probably but would skipping be worse? Absolutely.

Interesting modern technology thing to look into. I happen to work somewhere I can telecommute. As long as I'm on for my shift, i'm working. There is no requirement to be somewhere specific when telecommuting, I just can't miss my shift and need to be able to perform my job. There's hundreds of pics from coworkers of some interesting places they worked. Come to think of it, nobody has one from inside a disney park, what's the rules on bringing in a laptop to MK? I don't plan to use it, just want to do a little "hard at work" picture.

I love the idea of having a telecommute job! Does your company have any openings and what are the qualifications? :)

My job doesn't give me this luxury often, but I did work from Epcot one day. I was on email and did a couple of conference calls (very difficult to find a spot where it's not noisy and there's no music in the background).

we went last june for SWW. flew down on saturday at 10 am. Spent the day in MK. Spent sunday in DHS. Monday in MK. Tuesday morning in DHS Then flew home at 8pm. It was the best trip! But it was so great because we went in it knowing we could only do 2 parks and most of it was centered around SWW. I would have liked to have stayed an extra day but at the time it was all we could do because my DH didn't have enough vacation time for an entire week.

I've normally done 8 days and felt a bit bored by the end. I did a 5 day trip last year and thought that was basically the perfect amount of time. Allowed us to hit all the parks, MK twice, and spend the evenings at Epcot. I would think a 3 day weekend would be fine as long as its not a once in a lifetime trip. If you know you'll be back, 3 days will be fine.

DD (6 at the time)and I went over Labor Day weekend last year, arrived Friday night (hit Epcot for evening EMH since we were staying at BC and had APs), Saturday we finished EPCOT and went to AK and the pool, Sunday spent the day at DHS and the pool, Monday did MK including MNSSHP and left Tuesday morning. It was a great trip and we did everything we intended, but knew we would be back this summer (just finished a 14 day trip).

We usually spend a week at Disney. Luckily we have been there multiple times. New work and school schedules are making a week seem impossible. I was thinking of doing a short trip because we are a short two hour flight away. How long have you stayed where it doesn't feel rushed. In an ideal world I'd do longer but some seems better than none.
Typically under 40" is too short. :rotfl:

Seriously though, depending on how frequently and how many times you have visited WDW before the answer could be 4 days or it could be 2 days. Before moving to Central FL, we had visited 4+ times a year for almost 20 years. We had seen/done pretty much everything we want to do. At that point, we considered a long weekend visit perfectly fine.

Our shortest trip was 3 nights. Flight in landed around 9:30a and our flight home left at 8:30p so we had both those days as well. I wouldn't go any shorter. We did MK, Epcot, and AK. We skipped HS but spent some time checking out other hotels.

Being semi-local we do day trips sometimes, even that's good to do, there probably is no "too short"

We are doing a 3 night and 4 park trip in December, but our focus is Christmas. We got 99 dollar round trip flights and will be at Mco by 10 am Friday. Once we check in we are headed to DHS to use our fp and see Osborne lights. Saturday is all day at Epcot with the candlelight processional. Sunday is MK along with the Christmas party. Or possibly just the park or just the party. I have an AP so that will be left up to my girlfriend who is having to buy tickets. Monday we are headed to AK until time to catch the ME for our flight leaving at 5:45 pm. It's adults only. Not sure I would attempt this craziness with small children!

Our last trip was 4 days, we for sure wish we could stay longer but it wasn't too short in that we had so much fun and got a lot done!

This year we have AP's so we have been able to do several short trips. They have all been 3 or 4 or 5 nights. We drive 9 hours to get there, so my husband didn't like the 3 night trip. He said it didn't give him enough time to recover from the drive before he had to turn around and do it again. I enjoyed it fine, but I wasn't driving.

No trip is too long or too short as long as you plan accordingly. My wife and I visited family in Florida and went for 2 nights. We got no tickets to the parks and purchased only the Christmas Party tickets. First night we toured some resorts and had dinner. Second day we toured again, did Downtown Disney then went to the party and stayed late. Went to bed, got up and headed home to PA. It was a wonderful and relaxing short trip. Doing just the party was fun, too.

DH and I are going in September for 2.2 days lol. We will fly out on a Thursday evening. Get to orlando around 6:30. Drive a rental car about an hour to get to Disney. Drop our things and go straight to MK until close at 10pm. Wake up the next morning. Spend all day at epcot for food and wine festival. Wake up Saturday morning and spend all day at MK with afternoon break. Then head home Sunday at 8am. That is the shortest so far. Mainly because the direct flight I normally take changed it's departing hours from morning to afternoon.

Usually I will fly out at 10am get there 12:30 drive the hour then spend Thursday evening at HS. Next day MK morning, break, AK from 1-3 then epcot in the evening. Saturday MK all day with break at midday then fly out on Sunday. This year however we're going to f&w so we will spend a full day at epcot and skip the others.

I will say it is FANTASTIC! I literally just get my fill of everything!! I get everything done that I want and by the time I leave (just 2 1/2 days) I feel like I've done a weeks worth of stuff. Sometimes I'm so tired I'm actually ready to go home. I highly recommend it. Just balls to the wall Disney for a couple days!! Love it!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter