How Scary is Test Track?

As others said, it's nothing relative to splash mountain or riding on a motorcycle. It's closest to dinosaur but without the bumps and dark... which is pretty much the only reason dinosaur is trilling.

You'll be fine. :-)

Jerky but not scary. Dinosaur IMHO is louder and has more bumps in it. There is some start-stop back and forth motion on TT as others said--my DH gets nauseous with that but loves the speed. TT is less jerky than Space, though. I can't ride that anymore without needing advil for my middle aged back.

I am a bit of a ride chicken. I don’t like roller coasters, but I do like Splash Mountain and Dinosaur. I also used to like to ride on the back of a motorcycle. How does Test Track compare?
Hate roller coasters - they actually make my heart, hurt so no more. Love Splash Mtn. & Dinosaur - same as you. Fine with Test Track. Reminds me of Dinosaur with a little more speed. Good luck & Have fun!

I am a bit of a ride chicken. I don’t like roller coasters, but I do like Splash Mountain and Dinosaur. I also used to like to ride on the back of a motorcycle. How does Test Track compare?
If you can handle Splash Mountain you can handle Test Track imo. I don't like scary rides either, but I'm fine with TT. It's mostly just fun & physically kind of jerky at times. The only time I feel nervous is when the car goes fast at the end, but you're not plunging downhill or anything. I just get a bit unnerved going that fast on a track. But I don't really feel scared & it's fine. Give it a try.

I'm the type who can only ride Expedition Everest with my eyes closed, btw. And I still don't like it. So if I can handle Test Track, you probably can.

The inside part of the ride is fairly tame compared to many other thrill rides I have done at other amusement parks. The end of the ride you zoom around the outside of the building on a banked/curved track. That part is fast, but also very smooth.

zero scary. To be honest, it's a bit tame for my liking - to the point that I've only ever gone on it once because I would not line up for this ride ever again. (And I'm not a huge roller coaster fan - RnR is a one and done for me because it was abjectly terrifying - I like all the other coasters at DW)

I am a ride wimp and haven't been on TT in years. I never thought it was 'scary' but I didn't like riding it because it took my breath away when we went outside around the building. Funny how highway speed feels much faster without a top on the car and going around a circle!

Do you find a car ride with the windows down or even in a convertible scary? If not, you're probably good.
Not a good comparison. You don’t bank your car when you’re driving 60 mph. The banking does change the force you feel.

My 70-something mother thought it was the worst. LOL She loves Soarin', Dumbo, Tea Cups...lol

Its not scary. it really helps that the seat is a car seat and doesnt resemble a rollercoaster cart. I went back in 2005-06 (cant remember) and I was scared of rollercoasters at the time, I didn't realize it was a rollercoaster till a few years back. It does what a normal car on the road does, except you dont have a roof.

Not scary. But exhilarating at the end. Because of high banked turns it makes 64 MPH fun! If there were only more banks on the way to work it would make the drive so much better. :car:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter