How Scary is Test Track?

Twitterpaited

Mouseketeer
I am a bit of a ride chicken. I don’t like roller coasters, but I do like Splash Mountain and Dinosaur. I also used to like to ride on the back of a motorcycle. How does Test Track compare?

It's always hard to answer a question like this for others. Seems to me, if you're ok with Dinosaur, though, Test Track would not be an issue. There are some quick stops and starts and turns inside - like Dinosaur. Then outside, it's just fast a fun - like your motorcycle! You have to judge yourself, though.

Scare and fear tend to be subjective. However, my DW cannot handle any coasters (including the family coasters like 7D or SDD). My DW will not ride ToT, SM, DINO or M:S green. She got completely sick to her stomach on FoP. Yet, she will ride TT. She doesn't find it too rough or too fast. It is a convertible car after all. My suggestion is to try it at night so your eyes aren't necessarily focused on the outside elements as Zoom around the building. The interior portion of the ride isn't too fast IMO.

It’s hard to say exactly as we all have different things that rile us up. The only part that I see is going fast but it’s so short with no elevation change… not bad really even if someone didn’t like thrill rides.

So hard to say and as others have mentioned, it's just too subjective to call it. If you like riding on the back of a motorcycle then you'd probably like it but you won't know till you go. It's not as rough as dinosaur but there are a few hard stops and then the speed test really does go faster and feels faster than some of the speeds we've hit. It's a lot of fun and we enjoy this ride a lot. If you're ok with the drop on Splash, then I think you'd be fine on TT.

There's a few sudden stops and starts indoors while the car is testing acceleration and stopping. Then you ride in a convertible car in a loop on an outdoor track at up to 60 mph. It's just a few herky jerky moves indoors, and then a rush of speed for a few seconds in a convertible car when you get outside and make your circle around the track. Everyone's usually smiling.

I don't often answer these as it's so subjective but if you used to ride on the back of a motorcycle I'm guessing you'll be just fine. My parents are in their late 70's and won't ride any coasters except 7DMT and they love Test Track!

To me, Test Track is (nominally) a thrill ride, not a scary ride. The best part of the current ride is the outdoor speed test. The rest is pretty boring. The original version had more charm.

Some jerks inside like Speedway but then it goes fast like .... a convertible car. I wouldn't really consider it a thrill ride at all since we can replicate the "fast" part in our cars.

It's not nearly as scary as a roller coaster. You're sitting in a car with a seatbelt on, it's basically like riding in a convertible.

It really is not scary at all. But, some people have some fears that are hard to understand and in that case it could be frightening to those people.

The fastest we've ever gone has been 68 but I think TT slowed it down because lately the fastest speed has been 64. Going 64 down the local speedway you better be in the SLOW lane or BEEPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP. LOL

There's a few sudden stops and starts indoors while the car is testing acceleration and stopping. Then you ride in a convertible car in a loop on an outdoor track at up to 60 mph. It's just a few herky jerky moves indoors, and then a rush of speed for a few seconds in a convertible car when you get outside and make your circle around the track. Everyone's usually smiling.
...except when YOUR car breaks down right after you've gone to the outdoor portion of the ride, and FINALLY return inside almost 6 minutes later limping in at less than 5 m.p.h. to have everyone at the loading dock giving you death stares...but that's just ME. popcorn::

I was once on it where the little girl riding with her dad in the row I was put in (single rider line) bit her dad's arm during the outside part because "You told me it didn't go fast!" :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I'm also a ride wimp. Expedition Everest is too much for me. However, I'm totally fine on Test Track.

Some good things about it is that, unlike Dinosaur, nothing really "scary" happens on it, in that there are no monsters or jump scares or really scary imagery. The whole concept is that you are testing a new car in a futuristic factory (kind of?) so it's not like there is anything to purposefully scare you. In fact the whole ride it really well lit and a voice basically narrates what's about to happen to the car before it happens. There is one point where it almost looks like a semi truck is going to hit you, but it's a really quick moment.

The "scariest" parts are the power/speed test where the car actually go fast. There is one part where it looks like you are about to hit a wall before it opens, but it will 100% open in time. The speed part is fast, but honestly you probably go about the same speed on a typical highway. The car also banks around the building at an angle, but it really isn't that extreme. If you are worried about it, try sitting on the left side of the car (aka be the first person to get onto the vehicle). That way you will be on the lower side of the bank. Let me tell you, when you stand outside Test Track you hear the cars zip around the building and it sounds so much more scary than it is. Don't let that scare you away from it!

If you don't mine being spoiled, check out a ride video, like the one below. Sometimes it helps me to virtually ride the ride before actually going on it so I know what to expect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter