how safe are the camping grounds?

SPAGo 98

Do not ingest.
as in, would we have to lock up everything in the car during the day? incl the tent and sleeping bags?

(i've never camped @ wdw before hehe)

The campground is patroled by security on Horse, Golf Cart, car and van. I would suggest keeping the tent locked, valuables should be locked in the car or use the safe boxes at the front desk.

We have never had anything taken from our site during the day when we were gone, however Disney World is not crime free,

I agree. We lock our valuables in the car during the day. We leave our tents, sleeping bags, cookstoves, dishes, etc. out in the screen tent, and nobody has ever bothered with them.

One year - about 15 years ago - we had a cooler full of food stolen from our screen tent during the day. Later that day a security guard found the cooler floating in the stream near our campsite - empty. They figured it was kids looking for beer or something.

Other than that one time, we've never had a problem. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter