How quickly will Wish maiden sell out?

I'm looking just at this page Find & Plan A Disney Cruise | Disney Cruise Line (go.com)

For 2 people a 4 night is $2061 or $515.25 per night.
For 2 people the MV 5 night is $5769 or $1153.80 a night.

That makes the MV more than 100% more. Maybe I'm missing something?

I don't think you are - at least according to what's on the website
$8,164 for 3 people in a Verandah (see pic below) ?
That's low imo - if so, MV will be sold out in a couple of hours.

Screen Shot 2021-05-14 at 11.42.56 AM.png

Maybe it depends on which 4 night you are using comparison. If it's one of the 4 nights in June or July, then they are much closer in price. If you are using a 4 night in September, then there is a big difference.
I didn't do a deep dive. I used the pricing on the page I mentioned.

I'm looking just at this page Find & Plan A Disney Cruise | Disney Cruise Line (go.com)

For 2 people a 4 night is $2061 or $515.25 per night.
For 2 people the MV 5 night is $5769 or $1153.80 a night.

That makes the MV more than 100% more. Maybe I'm missing something?

You are way off. If you compare the following:

MV 5 night 2 people cheapest cabin it is $5,769 or $576.90 per person per night
4 night June 20 2 people cheapest cabin $4,085 or $510.63 per person per night.

It's about a 13% premium if you solely look at price per person per night with double occupancy.

You are way off. If you compare the following:

MV 5 night 2 people cheapest cabin it is $5,769 or $576.90 per person per night
4 night June 20 2 people cheapest cabin $4,085 or $510.63 per person per night.

It's about a 13% premium if you solely look at price per person per night with double occupancy.
As I explained above, I didn't do a deep dive. I took the amounts from the page I posted. Of course costs are going to go down as time goes by and the newness wears off. Your still going to pay 100% more on the MV than if you wait a bit. That is all I'm saying. If someone chooses to take the second, third, fourth sailing then yes, it will look close.
We are just both talking about different scenarios. Your talking comparing close to MV, I'm talking waiting and going with less popular times. Neither are wrong.

As I explained above, I didn't do a deep dive. I took the amounts from the page I posted. Of course costs are going to go down as time goes by and the newness wears off. Your still going to pay 100% more on the MV than if you wait a bit. That is all I'm saying. If someone chooses to take the second, third, fourth sailing then yes, it will look close.
We are just both talking about different scenarios. Your talking comparing close to MV, I'm talking waiting and going with less popular times. Neither are wrong.

It is not the “newness”. Summer pricing and hurricane season pricing are wildly different and cannot be compared. A cruise on the Dream out of Miami in June 2022 is 80% more expensive than the same itinerary in September 2022. It’s just a bad comparison, especially when much more similar comparisons exist. June vs September in 2023 on the Wish will have similar differences when the ship is no longer “new”.

Well call me surprised. Maiden voyage is half the cost I expected it to be!

And people say Disney doesn't reward its castaway club members.... this is one tremendous perk for platinum members. Enjoy it my friends! We are long off from platinum, but genuinely happy for you all who are eligible to book the MV as I'm sure it will be a spectacular experience and these prices only make it sweeter for those who can book.

Now if only they'd get a new castaway club gift for the rest of us (no more sling bags!).

All in all, these prices are very reasonable. It is kind of nice to see that with the new concierge oceanview category and the increase in concierge rooms, a concierge rooms are for the first time a genuinely reasonable upgrade for us (as a family of 5, we normally book a family verandah). I think we will splurge it up and do concierge for our first wish cruise.

It is not the “newness”. Summer pricing and hurricane season pricing are wildly different and cannot be compared. A cruise on the Dream out of Miami in June 2022 is 80% more expensive than the same itinerary in September 2022. It’s just a bad comparison, especially when much more similar comparisons exist. June vs September in 2023 on the Wish will have similar differences when the ship is no longer “new”.
Never mind, your right I'm wrong. Done, moving on.

If it’s that crazy, for sure we will opt for the DVC cruise which is the next cruise. Even if we have to use points.

Either way, DH and I truly hope to be on one of those two cruises. We are Platinum, I have 34 DCL cruises.

Lucky! You'll be able to book whatever you want - probably going to snag that slick funnel cabin... :cool:;)

Seriously? But why? Just so people can say "first?"

Well, we already know the premium pricing isn't that bad for a maiden voyage, but the real reason is two-fold:
1) So you can say you did it
2) S - W - A - G

Travel agents and YouTubers will book on day one, will be lots people walking around making videos. Hopefully DCL has restrictions in place to prevent scalping. Might be a way for someone to add and remove people before sailing at a profit.

I'm figuring I don't have a shot at the MV and am considering the DVC cruise. I'm a lowly silver. Any one have an educated guess on whether I might have a shot at the June 17 3-night sailing after the DVC cruise or will that fill up with Plats and Golds?
I am Platinum with 19 cruises. I plan on trying to book the DVC cruise on Monday. My TA is going to try to book the MV on the 19th. If I get the DVC cruise, I will tell her to try the MV, but if that is booked when it is our turn, then to try for the June 17th so we have 2 chances to do a B2B. Hope to have more then 3/4/5 days to explore the new ship

I am Platinum with 19 cruises. I plan on trying to book the DVC cruise on Monday. My TA is going to try to book the MV on the 19th. If I get the DVC cruise, I will tell her to try the MV, but if that is booked when it is our turn, then to try for the June 17th so we have 2 chances to do a B2B. Hope to have more then 3/4/5 days to explore the new ship

I don’t think you’ll be able to book ANY cruise on the Wish until your booking day on May 19.

With 17 cruises, I think the maiden is yours if you want it and have some flexibility about room type (inside rooms seem in short supply).

The question in my mind is if it is really just first come first serve or if they will hold some inventory and release a little more with each tier to allow gold/silver/dvc/first timers a shot at booking. Will be interesting.
I'm hope they give all tiers a chance at booking the Wish...first timers as well.

I'm hope they give all tiers a chance at booking the Wish...first timers as well.
Aside from the MV, there is simply no way that 1200+ staterooms on all 32 Wish cruises (more than 38,000 total rooms) will sell before booking opens to the public. Rooms will be available on May 27.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter