How quickly did you add on? Addonitis poll

How long after buying your first contract did you add on?

• <1 month

Votes: 30 19.4%
  • <3 months

Votes: 29 18.7%
  • <6 months

Votes: 14 9.0%
  • <1 year

Votes: 26 16.8%
  • <2 years

Votes: 19 12.3%
  • <3 years

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • <5 years

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • 5+ years

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • I am not planning to add on

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • I am planning to add on but have not yet

Votes: 14 9.0%

• Total voters
We bought 150 points 20 years ago. We have 150 points. And its too many. We travel every other year to a Disney property and stay in bigger units. But we max out our Disney patience after seven days - often less.

First bought in 2007 and first add on was in 2010 (I think - might have been 2009) direct for VGC. I was then good for several years until 2017.... I have added on just about every year since then! 2017 resale VGC, 2018 direct AKV, 2019 resale AKV, 2020 resale SSR, 2022 resale AKV, 2023 direct VDH. I am done for awhile. Such famous last words, but trying to mean it at least for the moment.

I purchased CCV resale in January 2019. I still haven't added on but I do plan to someday. I really want to get a direct contract so I can stop worrying if GS is going to deny me a Sorcerer's pass one of these years. I also really want to go on one of those DVC cruises sometime as well. I definitely could use the extra points. I'm planning on going back in late January for quick 4 day/3 night solo trip and ran out of points (I have 10 points available for next use year in Aug). I'll be staying at All Star Sports lol (park heavy trip).

We bought our first contract in January of 2018 (600 points, which we thought was more than plenty!) at Copper Creek. But I really wanted GF, so in December, we added on 200 points (a little "Merry Christmas to me, from me, love me" gift). Then in Feb of 2020 we added 200 points at RIV.... now either waiting for Poly 2 or looking at a BW resale!

We bought our first direct and resale contracts within a day of each other February 2023, VGF (direct), RIV (direct) and PVB (resale) and we’re going through the ROFR process on 2 more contracts right now for CCV and more PVB. I’ll likely sell my original PVB resale depending on what association the Poly tower ends up being and because I hate that they’re in a different UY then the rest of our points and purchase some direct points at the tower if we love it. (I want more direct pts anyway because we love RIV and want more usable pts there).

Now I’m keeping my eye open for a BWV or BCV contract that looks appealing in the amount of point we want.

I think after that (hopefully a while after because I really need to be stopped 😅🤞🏼) we’ll just slowly bulk up the amount of points in our current home resorts. I like the idea of a bunch of smaller pt contracts rather than 1 or 2 big ones in case we need to offload any in the future.

Started looking for DVC in 2020. Bought my first contract a BLT, then 2 months later my BCV. Then the prices went up, now that they are low again adonitis is going after me again.... Looking at CCV.

I added on the day after closing my first resale contract. Now on to contract number 5. I think I have a problem… can someone please tell me I don’t need any more points!!

I added on the day after closing my first resale contract. Now on to contract number 5. I think I have a problem… can someone please tell me I don’t need any more points!!
You’re talking to the biggest group of enablers I’ve ever known, myself included. I keep telling myself it’s a relatively healthy and fun, albeit expensive, addiction to have so could be worse really 😅🤷🏼‍♀️

Just thought I'd start a poll to see how long it takes people on average to add on? 🤔 Feel free to discuss if you wish you had added on earlier or regretted adding on as soon as you did
I wish i had bought in sooner.
I added on (not sure VGC counts as an addon) less than 6 months and before i even got to use the first contract.

Regrets? Not really, but the interest has become a lot more real now that I can see it. lol (just need to get it paid off sooner than I had planned, which I had planned within 2 years at the worst, at $6.65 per day now I want to get it paid off by summer of next year)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter