• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How old would you say you looked?

Let's all be honest. Whenever a woman tells her age, don't we all express shock and tell them they didn't look that old? Does anyone ever say to someone "40? I would have thought you were 45 at least!" :rotfl: I would like to think I look younger than I am, but when people express disbelief that I have a child in university, I take it with a grain of salt.:goodvibes

Yes, and again, I disagree with them, but I think most of us can tell the difference. Like, when people came to me and say "Tyler told me you are 48?! That can't be true, is it?!"

Wow, it's shocking how many people swear that they look 10-15 years younger than they actually are! Who would have thought that? :rolleyes1

This thread would be more fun if we could also see a recent, un-photoshopped or unfiltered photograph. Haha. I don't doubt that a select few people really do look significantly younger than their actual age. But not many.

I'm 32. I think I look my age--young 30s. I work from home and don't spend a ton of time doing my hair and makeup unless it's a special occasion or outing. My clothes will need a major upheaval once I can get rid of the maternity clothes after this pregnancy. I would say that 3 pregnancies in 4 years has taken a bit of a toll on me.

I'm 66. I think I look at least 70. I smoked for about 20 years before quitting and I'm sure that caused some premature aging.

Wow, it's shocking how many people swear that they look 10-15 years younger than they actually are! Who would have thought that? :rolleyes1

This thread would be more fun if we could also see a recent, un-photoshopped or unfiltered photograph. Haha. I don't doubt that a select few people really do look significantly younger than their actual age. But not many.

I'm 32. I think I look my age--young 30s. I work from home and don't spend a ton of time doing my hair and makeup unless it's a special occasion or outing. My clothes will need a major upheaval once I can get rid of the maternity clothes after this pregnancy. I would say that 3 pregnancies in 4 years has taken a bit of a toll on me.

Good idea! How old do I look to you?

Sure, this is from last month. No make up. No special lighting. Just me and the family (though I cropped them out), at Universal.

How old do I look?

CmGeEFB.jpg

Edit: I don't think it's "shocking", btw. I think people self-select. If you're regularly told you look younger than you are, then you're not going to hesitate to post. If you're confident you look the age you actually are, then you may or may not post. If you think you look older than you are... you're probably not going to post about it, unless you're a very self-confident and secure individual.

I used to look way younger than my age. People would routinely think I was at least 10 years younger than what I was. Since I have had a few rough years of a divorce, and cancer twice, I most definitely look my age (and more, probably.) I also have decided I am not dying my hair anymore, so I'm sure the grey hair adds more years.

IMG_7122.JPG

These are not edited. The first four are very recent, the fifth, is from November 2015, and the sixth is from October 2014.

I won't say how old I am yet, if anyone wants to guess.

I used to look way younger than my age. People would routinely think I was at least 10 years younger than what I was. Since I have had a few rough years of a divorce, and cancer twice, I most definitely look my age (and more, probably.) I also have decided I am not dying my hair anymore, so I'm sure the grey hair adds more years.

View attachment 206625

These are not edited. The first four are very recent, the fifth, is from November 2015, and the sixth is from October 2014.

I won't say how old I am yet, if anyone wants to guess.

I love the grey. You look like a model! You're beautiful.

I had a guest thinking I was in the college program the other day.My fellow cast member working next to me cracked up.Now I'm 47 and get told I look a lot younger but I don't look college age!!:rolleyes1

Good idea! How old do I look to you?

Sure, this is from last month. No make up. No special lighting. Just me and the family (though I cropped them out), at Universal.

How old do I look?

CmGeEFB.jpg

Edit: I don't think it's "shocking", btw. I think people self-select. If you're regularly told you look younger than you are, then you're not going to hesitate to post. If you're confident you look the age you actually are, then you may or may not post. If you think you look older than you are... you're probably not going to post about it, unless you're a very self-confident and secure individual.

You both look lovely!!!

I'm not guessing age, though!

Most people put me 5-10 yrs. younger now. Until I turned 50 it was more like 15 years younger. It starts telling on you at the 50 mark though. When I was 38, people thought my dd and I were sisters - loved it. She will be 48 next week.

Dh & I are still very active, exercising, biking, hiking, gardening, etc. What I see in some of our friends our age, I think it is a main key to stay very active, and keep your weight within healthy limits.

When dh & I married, people thought we were young teenagers, lol.
We were 20 & 21, but small in build.

Last edited:
I think that I look my age and I am terrible at guessing people's ages.
That said I would guess Tuffcookie to be 60-63, Magpie to be 43-46, and Matahari22 to be around 55ish.
My guesses are based on people I know that you guys kind of look like/remind me of and the age range they are in.
If Vijoge didn't state her age already I would have guessed 55-58.

I love the grey. You look like a model! You're beautiful.

You're very kind. Lol. I would have guessed your age at about 57 from your photo. You definitely look younger there.

I think that I look my age and I am terrible at guessing people's ages.
That said I would guess Tuffcookie to be 60-63, Magpie to be 43-46, and Matahari22 to be around 55ish.
My guesses are based on people I know that you guys kind of look like/remind me of and the age range they are in.
If Vijoge didn't state her age already I would have guessed 55-58.

Ack, no. Lol. I'm not 55 yet. I think I am going to tell people I'm 62, and then they will think I look good for my age. :rotfl: I have a birthday coming up next week.

I'm 22, and look probably 18 or so when not wearing makeup, and my age when wearing makeup. I've been mistaken for a high school student at the K-12 school I work at, which is definitely annoying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter