How old do you think you look?

I think I look my age…Definitely not older, sometimes a few years younger, but generally on the money.

A friend of mine believes that people with disposable income look younger because they can choose to pay for cosmetic "help." People who have to struggle more in life for the necessities not only can't do that but the worry and stress they face daily shows up in their physical countenance.

Something I believe is that people with darker skin age better because their skin is more resilient and not so vulnerable to wrinkles and sun damage.

I do think that most folks will not accurately guess someone's age if asked because of fear of offending.

On the other hand, I am also quite open to hearing that 8-9 hours of sleep a night, a diet free of junk and preservatives, meticulous skin care habits, etc. are really what makes a difference for some people (so why don't I start doing those things for myself, haha)?

Man! What is your secret for the many of you who look so much younger than you really are?
Vitamins? Lots of sleep? Whole foods only?

I work at a high school. I believe working with young people keeps you young. I exercise daily, eat fairly well, and keep very active. My hair and skin after chemo a few years back came back very youthful,

I am 43. I have a 13 year old and an 11 year old. Someone at work asked me the other day how old my kids were and looked genuinely shocked that I had a teenager and thought I was much younger than I am. So I’ll take it.

I still wear thigh high boots and shorts without people laughing out loud when I pass by or DGD cringing in shame.
I worked hard for every grey hair on my head and would love to dye some into a Cruella Divine ’do.

I'm 47 and it is typically the older people who say I look younger than my age. (which is very nice but doesn't have the excitement of a young person saying you look young)

I think the young people just think I am "old." Which sadly is only fair because when I was in my teens/twenties I thought 40's was old. (yeah I was a jerk back then too, lol)

Man! What is your secret for the many of you who look so much younger than you really are?

SUNSCREEN! My mom will be 73 this year. Her porcelain face is still amazing because the woman never went out in the sun. She is from a family of 6 kids, is the second oldest, but looks by far and away the youngest because she stayed out of the sun and wore sunscreen. She warned us to use sunscreen and be careful ... but we didn't listen until we were much older. My sister and I both say we regret our tanning love back in the 80s/90s.

I'm 47. I personally feel like I look older, over 50. Tired, droopy eyes with dark circles underneath. I truthfully have very few wrinkles - good genes from my grandmother who never had any herself - but I feel like the 2 small ones on my forehead are very obvious. A sprinkling of silver here and there along my hairline, but no real grey hair yet.

But my son's classmates' parents all seem surprised when they find out how old I am. So far, I'm the oldest of them. People probably assume I'm younger just because I have a 6-year-old (and many of MY former classmates are already grandparents :) )

I think I look just right for my age. I'd be surprised if anyone thought I was significantly older or younger than I am. Guess I didn't get as lucky as some of you in the gene department.

To a point, it's just luck. I'm a little bit plump and that has kept my face from sagging. My eyes are also in good shape without bags or deep crinkles at the corners, which after 30+ years of smoking is kind of a marvel. The main thing in my case is colouring my hair. If I let it go it would be a hideous salt-and-pepper which would wash my complexion out and age me significantly.
I’m 39 and think I look close to my real age. For the longest time I looked a lot younger but the last 5 years or so have seemed to age me.
I've seen this in so many people - they just get to a stage where it catches up. My own DH visibly aged exponentially between 60 and 65. I fully expect it to hit me like a ton of bricks at some point; maybe sooner rather than later.

Younger than I am, so persons say.
Doesn't matter a whole lot when you get "up there" because regardless of looks, its how you FEEL that's most important!

People tell me I look younger than my age usually by 5-6 years. When they find out how old I am some are polite enough to express surprise. Because of losing weight and exercising I feel better than I did 20 years ago so that is good.

I am 70 and have been told that I don’t look it. I guess I might look a few years younger. No younger than 65, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter