How often is your rubbish picked up,

dish rag

DIS Veteran
In Orlando we have twice a week garbage, mainly because of the heat, once a week recycling and once a week yard waist, thats ok. Nice and easy.

At the Ontario place they have gone to every other week. Recycling every week. Not having disposals there that means the food is recycled also. It's very inconvenient this way but thats just how it is. I'm starting to wonder what counts as the every other week garbage, they want almost every thing recycled including food scraps, it's crazy. It's really forcing people to recycle and that is good I guess, but very inconvenient with all the different containers and mess.

Any one else with only every other week pick up?

We have every other week garbage pick up and once a month recycling pick up (the last garbage pick of the month).

Our garbage and recycling are both picked up every Monday, even on holidays. Other areas are picked up on other days. Our day never changes.

We have once per week garbage, every other week recycle and once per week yard debris, leaves lawn clippings etc.
We had to request, and pay for an additional recycle receptical, because we are diligent about recycling everything. We only put our garbage out every two weeks with the recycle because we just don't have much. In two weeks time maybe a half full kitchen sized bag.
Conversley we have neighbors that have 2-3 garbage cans they put out weekly and never use their recycle.
Infuriates me.

We have twice a week pick up. They have a pick up collector truck that drives to our back door to empty the cans. Can't do any better than that. They pick everything up, no separation of items. No recycling here unless we want to drive the stuff ourselves to a recycling center.

Both places we live (Upstate New York & Central Florida) have once a week pick up for both trash and recycles.

England - Berkshire(varies from county to county) - One week they pick up the food/general rubbish & the next week they pick up the recycling. So once every two weeks. Nightmare at Christmas when there is loads of rubbish. End up chucking it in the shed until it's emptied. :/

Once a week--trash and recycling on the same day. Then the township comes by on a different day to pick up brush, shrubbery, leaves, etc.

Once per week on Mondays unless it is a holiday and then they pick it up on that Wednesday.

Every Friday morning. No recycling here; you want to recycle, you bag up your recyclables yourself and take them 35 miles to the recycling place.

Twice per year the town will do a large items pickup, where you can put appliances, CRT TV's, mattresses, that sort of thing, out on the curb and they'll take it. I think they draw the line at vehicles and animal carcasses though. Oddly enough, I have a dud dryer downstairs that I keep meaning to put out and every year I forget about it.

Once a week. One truck comes by for garbage and (unsorted) recycling with two compartments in each truck. About every other week (there's a printed schedule) there's green waste pickup on the same day. The green waste is theoretically unlimited, and some houses have 8 or so cans/bags of branches, lawn clippings, leaves, etc. The green waste can only be in cans or paper lawn bags, although sometimes they dump what's in the bag and return them.

Now in general we can't put out the garage the night before. I did that when I first moved in, then found that raccoons had knocked over the can. I guess it gets more interesting where there are bears. Many of those areas require some sort of bear resistant container that has to be unlocked, or regular cans must be placed in a bear resistant box.

Each Monday. If Monday is a holiday, it will happen Tuesday. That is for garbage and recycling.

Once a week for garbage, every other week for recycling and garden waste (they alternate). However, our recycling and green bin are over twice as big as the garbage bin.

Monday and Thursday come rain or shine including holidays. They show up super early on holidays so you have to be quick. Recycle is every other week and they give you three little teeny, tiny crates. There is just no way they'll hold recycling for two weeks for an average size family. My DH diligently flattens boxes and ties them up all nice and neat and they'll leave them for the regular trash collectors. I have never seen the recycle trucks pick up all the recycling on our street. Ever. I got a notice a few years back that they would be giving everyone recycling cans that didn't need to be sorted but it never happened.

In Orlando we have twice a week garbage, mainly because of the heat, once a week recycling and once a week yard waist, thats ok. Nice and easy.

At the Ontario place they have gone to every other week. Recycling every week. Not having disposals there that means the food is recycled also. It's very inconvenient this way but thats just how it is. I'm starting to wonder what counts as the every other week garbage, they want almost every thing recycled including food scraps, it's crazy. It's really forcing people to recycle and that is good I guess, but very inconvenient with all the different containers and mess.

Any one else with only every other week pick up?

Weekly for both garbage (Thursday), large items (Thursday), lawn/garden (Wednesday) and recycling (Wednesday).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter