How often do you wash your bath towel?

Washed after one use. TBH flabbergasted that I’m an outlier. It never occurred to me to use a damp used towel after bathing/showering.
Our towels aren't damp the next day. If I showered twice a day (which would be a nightmare to my skin), I would use a different towel.

If we had an in-unit washer/dryer, I would probably wash them weekly.

I honestly have no clue. The Rule is "hang up your towel to dry after you use it." We never have damp towels; they dry by the next day. We swap our towels when we feel the need, there's nothing set in stone about it. I have a hamper for towels/linens, and when it gets full, it all goes into the wash. As there are only 2 of us to worry about, it's a while between loads.

My add on question is how many bath towels do you have/use? I only have the two towels I use (one for my hair/head and the other for my body.

Reactions: slo

My add on question is how many bath towels do you have/use? I only have the two towels I use (one for my hair/head and the other for my body.
Probably 10 or 12 bath sheets. Maybe 6 bath towels that DH uses for working out. I have no idea how many hand towels (maybe 8) or wash cloths (dozens) we have. Kitchen towels? Too many to count!

Two sets of bath, two sets of hand, two washcloths for my husband (doesn't use it like I do), and 16 washcloths for me (see previous post about changing it daily--two are spare).

about 30 bath towels, 8 or so beach towels which tend to be used for the hot tub (or will do double duty-first when they do pre hot tub shower and then again when they get out of the hot tub).

I think we have 3 sets of bath/hand towels that get rotated. Plus there are a few old ones for more “dirty” use, such as to lay down inside the front door for wet/snowy shoes.

For the two of us, I think we have 7 bath towels, maybe 6 or so hand towels (plus a few seasonal ones), and maybe 8 wash cloths.

None of ours are sets, though. Just a mishmash of towels.

I shower at my gym about 3X/week (that's one towel) and then there is another towel for home (both are hung up).

So my answer is not often enough but would say about 1X week.

The towel you use to dry off after a shower...

thank you!
Once and done!
I have a small ranch home, main BR is for everyone to use. I would NEVER want a guest to see a Used towel on my 2 racks. I also have another adult ( daughter and GS in my home). I don't have the space for all the towels to hang to dry. I do not want them anywhere other than the bathroom. I fold a clean towel lengthwise in half when hanging. IF, I were reusing them I would simply fold the whole towel over the bar for quicker drying. The BR in my BR has only one rack and one hook. The hook is right next to the shower and I'm not likely to want to hang a wet towel on that hook. The towel on the rack rarely gets used.

If my home was occupied by my husband and myself alone, I could easily reuse towels as he uses the main BR and the bedroom BR is mine. When we visited our condo we always reused towels. It was easy, 2 BRs, 2 people and rarely any guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter