How often do you visit the next nearest town to your town?

I don't live in a town but a city of 850,000 people. I do go outside the city but more in the summer than the winter.

I live out in the country and go into any of the area towns about twice a month or so.

At least a couple times a week. We don’t have a grocery store, drug store or even a gas station so we always have to go to another town but it’s only about 5 minutes away.

Any time I leave the house for something rather than stopping on the way home from work. My town is terrible and I go elsewhere. Usually far away since I usually go get my kids first then we go to my old area of shopping.

Almost every day. The next town is about 1/2 mile away. It’s where I mostly grocery shop.

I think you need to define town! If it's a half a mile away then it's part of your city.
Guess it's like Orlando area with Kissimmee, Windermere, etc.

We don't do that here in my province. the entire city of 800,500 is all called Winnipeg. We don't have individual towns in a metro area. there is no "town line" between neighbourhoods. But I understand that bigger cities do.

When I think of towns I think of small prairie towns of 500 people with 50 miles between them - not big urban centres.

At least once a week for grocery shopping. I live in a small town, 2000 population and about 5000 in the surrounding area that is considered county property. If I want decent groceries, I have to drive 20 mins down the freeway to a larger town.

I think you need to define town! If it's a half a mile away then it's part of your city.
Guess it's like Orlando area with Kissimmee, Windermere, etc.

We don't do that here in my province. the entire city of 800,500 is all called Winnipeg. We don't have individual towns in a metro area. there is no "town line" between neighbourhoods. But I understand that bigger cities do.

When I think of towns I think of small prairie towns of 500 people with 50 miles between them - not big urban centres.
Much the same here. We have communities and some incorporated cities with their own City Councils, Police Departments, Garbage Department, right next to each other but with their own names, but they are all in Sacramento County..

All the time. The closest chain grocery is in the next town to the south, and the upscale grocery that has things like lamb that I can't get at our neighborhood grocer is in the next town to the north. So I often end up in one or the other just to do the shopping.

@tvguy Maybe it is California thing but where I live a county is not a city. It is just a name for an area that has certain functions for a group of cities/towns such as a district attorney's office. Honestly I don't know what an incorporated city really is beyond an online term - not really used where I live. We don't have land near us that doesn't belong to a specific city though I think land on state highways may be different.

My city is small in terms of square miles and I live in walking distance to another city so crossing the city border is routine. Since all of the cities/towns nearby are fairly small i can go to several other cities within 10 minutes but many things I can also do within my own city. Today I had lunch two cities away so passed through the neighboring city but didn't do anything there. My city does have neighborhood names but those are not legal areas and we have just one zip code, one post office etc.

I would say once a week I'm in neighboring townships because my sister and I get together and go shopping...well, she shops, I'm usually just along for the ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter