• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How often do you guys visit DLR/WDW?

Kontos

Mouseketeer
Spent a week in Anaheim/LA and did 4 days in DL/DCA while also fitting in SeaWorld and Universal with my sister and her family. First time I had been since I was 5 years old and I had a blast. I thought I'd tag along and help out with the kids (ages 5 and 4) but I had just as much fun as they did, if not more. Now they're planning a trip back when Star Wars land is done since the nephews are really into Star Wars right now but that seems like it's what 4 years away?

Just curious how often everyone here visits. I don't know if I can afford to go every year but every other year may be something I consider. I fly down from the BC interior if that matters so it's not that bad to California

We try to go once a year. Last year we went twice, once with the kids and then once in October for a belated 40th birthday trip with just my fiancé and I.

We'd seriously go every six months, if we could afford it!

We did Disney World for the first time in October of 2014. Then we took our next big trip 1.5 years later in April (not Disney, but a cruise so cost is similar). Next planning for Disneyland summer of 2017...so again about about 1.5 years later. Would love to have Disney again in our future but can't say for sure. We live closer to WDW, but both still require airfare and conversion from CAD to USD as we're in Canada (and with our DS now starting grade 6, we need to travel in peak season as we don't want to take him out of school. So these trips are quite costly to us. If we lived closer though, I could see us going more often ... and knowing we'd go again. There really is something magical about Disney parks.

I go to both parks and alternate so that there is a LOT new each time I visit. I go every other year...this year DL, then back to WDW in 2018.

Wish we could go more than we do! I grew up in CA and did many single day DL trips, but in 2007 we did our first week long stay at WDW as a family with my own kids and we fell in love with that experience! We live in CO, so not an easy trip to either coast and we now have 4 kids- so it isn't exactly budget friendly anymore (although #4 is still under 3- until this fall). That being said, we spent 8 days at WDW in 2007, 10 days at WDW in 2008 and 2010, 6 days at DL in 2011 and 2012, 5 days in 2015 and will spend 10 days at WDW in Sept. So overall it will be our 7th trip in just over 9 years- which seems like a lot written down, but wish it could be more. We like to maximize the days we go- so always 10 days at a time at WDW and 5 days at DL. As my older 2 get older and more involved with activities and school, it feels like it will be harder to get there in the future, too.

I try and go once a year and we generally alternate WDW and DL. I started out going to WDW and we'd go every two years and since my sister and I moved closer to the west coast we started going to DL on our off years. Last year I got married in WDW in August, this year we're going to DL for our first anniversary.

We go every 2-3 years to DLR and have since 2003. I wish it could be a lot more often, but a family of 6 on one income makes going as often as we do a splurge. We are hoping that we can go to WDW for the first time in 4 years before our oldest goes off to college.

Between DLR, WDW, and DCL we are probably averaging a couple Disney trips a year. We usually combine DCL with WDW though so not totally separate trips.

Typically we go once a year but have skipped it a couple of times when we're felt Disney wasn't keeping things up the way they once did.
We may skip 2017 because of the crowds that SWL will likely bring.

We've averaged every year since my kids were little (starting 8 years ago), most trips have been DLR, with 3 trips to WDW. We're in Texas, so between the two. Friends just shake their head when they find out we're going again in 2 weeks....if you don't love it, you don't get it....

We go once a year although me and DH are AP holders for the first time so we'll get in a couple more visits, likely not our usual 5 day stretches though.

We're usually at DLR once a week. Sometimes, if we're getting gifts or running shopping errands for friends, we'll go more often.

We go once a year... We have gone twice in a year before but we forgo'd our no-kid annual weekend to go and we really missed it.

We'd love to be able to go once a year, but since moving from the UK to New Zealand, trips will be become more spaced out than we'd like!

Saying that, we have our first trip to DLR coming up in October and are looking to late 2017 for a WDW trip (fingers crossed for Pandora–The World of Avatar being open!)

DLR on average once or twice a month. Waiting for the kids to be older (5&2 now) before we venture to the other side.

Starting in 2011 my son & I did 1 big trip per year to either DLR or WDW. Then in 2015 I bought APs for DLR, thinking that we'd make it twice during the year. We ended up going 6 times. Best year ever!!! With our upcoming trip to WDW it will be 8 trips in just over 2 years. We'll probably be back to 1 time a year for a bit, but I will definitely get DLR APs again in the future. Maybe when Star Wars Land opens?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter