How often do you go to DL vs WDW?

We live in Cali. Our visits are about equal. Obviously logistically going to DLR is easier whether it be by air or POV but we love WDW more. When we get to day 2 of a DLR vacay, now we're riding repeat rides and so forth. We also feel dining options are way better at WDW, hands down. Sure you have Blue Bayou and Napa Rose. As far as ppl saying DL is superior to MK, yeah. But what are we calling superior. Yeah Small World, POC, Cars Land. I mean, go to DCA, the Symphony Swings and Golden Zephyr (even though the actually ride vehicles are a Silver Chrome) are Carnie rides. AKL is far superior to say...Oh yeah no comparison. Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach are far superior to say....Great Wolf Lodge in Anaheim. Also USO is ridiculously far superior to Universal Hollywood. Having an array of DVC choices as opposed to VGC ( the smallest DVC, which we do love VGC) is far superior. When our daughter was younger, for a few years we actually would do the 1st week of Dec. at WDW and then a 2-3 days at VGC in early Jan. for her birthday.

We continued to only go to WDW after purchasing in 2011. Only been to Disneyland 1 time, 1 day in 2003, just happened to be in area, not a planned DL trip. But we live close enough (TN) to drive to WDW, and flying to CA would be expensive, and4.5 hours. Would Love,love,love to get back to DL. really want to make that happen in the coming years. THere are so many unique Disney rides/experiences/food we want to try out there!

We really want to go to DL, I haven't been since high school, but it's been impossible for us to get into VGC. We could pay cash but it's hard to weigh that against a points trip at WDW. So DL will have to wait.

Moved to Las Vegas from Massachusetts about 7 years ago and have been to WDW 6 times and DL twice in that period of time, even though I can easily drive to DL. My wife and I prefer the Disney bubble and the size of WDW over DL.

We do WDW twice a year and DL, every few years. DL is a totally different experience than WDW.
We're on the east coast, and this is how we try to do it, too. I'd say maybe every 5 years for DL. We've been fortunate in recent years to twice use our DVC points to get VGC at 7 months out - love that resort and enjoy a few days at the original park! But it's way more WDW for us!

I'm one of those people who doesn't consistently go every year. Some years I'll go to DL 3 times, some years I don't go at all.

Personally, Pin Trading really impacts my decision to visit. In 2015 it hit a lull, so I didn't come back for 4 years. I went to DL this last May and there were no pin boards so it cooled my interest in going back until they ramped up the contactless board trades.

Now that we spend time in Miami during the winter, we usually try to do WDW while we're in Florida.

We took the kids for a cash stay at GCH in 2003 to see DCA when it was new. DH and I went back in 2016 to enjoy the 60th anniversary celebration and again in 2019 for the D23 Expo. We don't have specific plans to return - but this morning DH mentioned the 2022 D23 Expo, so maybe we'll be thinking about it!

We live on the west coast of Canada in BC. So while DL is a lot closer we hardly ever go there. 90% of our Disney trips are all at WDW. We like to go for 3+ weeks at a time so DL isn't really an option. Whenever we have done DL it is for 3-4 days and is just part of a larger trip.

NY’er here so WDW is the attraction for me.

However we stayed at GCV for 3 nights as a stop on the way to Aulani.

i loved it way more than I thought I would , but two different animals.
Kerri

West coaster who is very local to Disneyland. I go several times a month and do 2-3 2 night stays at the DLR resort (usually 2 at VGC and 1 at one of the other 2 hotels). I go to WDW twice a year (week in March and close to 2 weeks in September). I go to WDW more now than before I bought DVC, but the Disneyland visits are about the same (maybe more staycations there since I am not outlaying money for at least 2 of those visits).

We live in Michigan, but are former Florida residents. Our daughter's first two vacations in 2015 and 2016 were back to our old stomping grounds at WDW, but after a stressful 2016 trip, I wanted to try a more relaxing experience at Disneyland. We had the best time at DLR in 2017 and went back two more times over the next few years - even stayed at VGC on points in 2019. (We also discovered DCL and have done that several times.)

We're going back to WDW as a family in December 2021. (There have been some short trips there in the past few years but not a family vacation for all 3 of us together.)

In general, we prefer Disneyland and are interested in purchasing DVC points there.

We love Disneyland and we typically go every three years using our 80pt VGC contract. We go do WDW every 6-8 weeks being Florida residents. I love DL parks much more than the 4 parks at WDW, but we love all the resorts and restaurants at WDW that give such an amazing variety.

We started our Disney trips at Disneyland in 1972. Since then we have traveled to WDW frequently with a few returns to Disneyland. We much prefer the world. DL rides like Pirates and Small World are better than their counterparts in WDW but the overall experience at WDW is better for us. DL gets a lot more local traffic that makes it difficult to predict park crowds.

There’s a lot of talk about people buying DLT when it is available. So, I was wondering if after becoming a DVC member have you gone to both parks more or just continue your normal park (WDW or DL) patterns?

Unless you bought VGC, the other DVC points are really difficult to use for DL. So I'm not sure it makes a real difference.

That said, having bought DVC I've had a desire to visit all the Disney parks at least once but WDW is our home.

I don't like the weather in Florida. It rains too much. Plus the rides in California are far superior

95% WDW 5% DL,,,,been to DL once,,,snagged 7 nights at 7months and loved everyday of it.
There isnt a resort in WDW that lets you ride a ride at the park, jump in the pool at the resort and then back on the ride in a span of 5 mins. My girls did this all day.
IF you have not done DL, then you must do it at least once. I would never have know the difference if we did not and TR dont do them justice. Now I can appreciate both parks for their positives and negatives. And yes each person has there own reasons why they like each. But I think its worth if you can to do both. If you have only done DL, then try WDW and the other way to.
They turn out to be so different trips. 7 nights at DL might seem like long time,,but it was great just to lay around and relax enjoy the parks and no planning. Very different pace and vacation. Love them both. Trying Aulani this summer and hope for the same love.

I live in Ohio and have been a DVC member since 2008. I have been to California (wow, 22 years ago!) but I've never been to DL. I will plan a trip at some point. The availability seems difficult to get at the 7-month mark. However, I wouldn't plan on a whole week at DL. I couldn't visit southern CA without going back to San Diego.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter