How often do you get your haircut?

Ok, I have a question if I may? Isn't your hair except at the root and hair folicles, dead? Just like eyelashes, first layer of skin?

I see the commercials for "healthy" hair to the tips and I thought I remember in high school it being brought up that fingernails themselves, first outer layer of skin, hair are dead and that's why they "shed".

TIA

The hair is dead once it emerges from your scalp. However, that hair that you see can be abused by chemicals (color, perms, relaxers), by heat (blowdrying, flat irons, curling irons, etc.), the sun, water (chlorinated, salt, etc.). While nothing can make the hair truly "healthy", you can add moisture back into it (etc.) and help it to look healthier. Regular haircuts can do wonders for split ends, dry/brittle ends etc.

We truly abuse our hair. We should probably treat it as a delicate sweater of sorts and we treat it like our old fav sweatshirt, lol.

Once a year. Yup, that's it.
I have very thick, curly hair that takes forever to show any type of growth. It is very frustrating :sad2:

I always hear you're supposed to get it trimmed every 6 weeks. I get mine cut every 6 months...if that.

Before any big event. So, depending on how things play out, it might be as long as six months, or it might be once a month.

I'll be getting my hair cut and coloured next in October, before DH's big work conference. There'll be cocktail parties and dinner events, so I want to look good. The last time I had it done was in June, just before his school reunion.

Once a year. Yup, that's it.
I have very thick, curly hair that takes forever to show any type of growth. It is very frustrating :sad2:

I WISH!!! That would save me close to $1000/year on cuts and color!!!

I have short hair and in order to style it the way I want I have mine cut every 3 weeks.

When I have a coupon or when I notice I am beginning to sport the crazy cat lady look. Usually works out to about once every three months. I wear it long, usually pulled back.

I do however get my bangs trimmed about once a month. Can't stand it when they get in my eyes!

I cut my bangs once a month myself at home. I let the rest of it grow out for 4 to 6 months then I will go and get about 3 or 4 inches cut off at once. So it goes from shoulder length to a few inches longer back and forth. I just cut it when it gets too long and get a new short do then let it grow out again.

When I have a coupon or when I notice I am beginning to sport the crazy cat lady look. Usually works out to about once every three months. I wear it long, usually pulled back.

I do however get my bangs trimmed about once a month. Can't stand it when they get in my eyes!

I trim my own bangs.

once or twice a year.... I dont curl it, blow dry it, or color it... boring but healthy :) 90% of the time its up in a pony tail.. My son (6) has to go every 3-4 week so what I save in cuts he spends. We have to keep it rather long on top or his hair gets all poofy and sticks up. Growing it out last year was awful but it solved the poofy problem! He REALLY needs a hair cut right now. TRYING to stretch it out until next friday...

Every 5-6 weeks, and I get it colored the same day. Since I am trying to grow it out a bit, I had her just trim the ends this time.

ok, i guess i'm the only one , who hardly ever gets their hair cut.

The last time I got it cut was in January and the time before that was ........ idk when ?

I've lived here 3 years and had my hair cute maybe 5 or 6 times and I have yet to be able to find somebody to cut my hair the way I ask.

I haven't had a good hair cut, the way I ask in like 4 years :(

Every 5 weeks. I have short hair and need to keep up with it on a regular basis.

I aim for every 8 weeks, but it's often every 10-12 weeks. My hair is above my shoulders and it starts looking scruffy if I let it go too long.

DH and DS go every 6-8 weeks or so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter