• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

How often do you bathe your kids?

Ah yes, the fact that she wasn't bathed regularly as a child must be the reason!

I would venture to say that MOST people are able to learn that hygiene needs and practices vary with age.
I agree that most people do learn that. But she hasn’t seemed able to grasp that concept.

I just read an article this morning that Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis say they don't bathe their children every day do not believe in it, but also don't bathe themselves every day just their "essential areas". Uh, no. I always thought Ashton Kutcher looked like he didn't bathe regularly, I liked him but was always distracted noticing that his hair looked greasy and he looked frumpy and dirty. But I can see cutting down on soap etc especially in the winter time and have done that.

Well we were in the minority. I only bathed them like 3 times a week. There are 4 of them and during the summer the pool was their bath. When they were on swim team they would shower at the Y 3 or 4 times a week. Of course I have no idea how well they showered but they were never stinky.

Every 2-3 days - so Mon, Wed, Fri mornings for one, and Tue, Thur, Sun evenings for the other one - but! more if the boy child is mucky - which happens. The girl would shower LESS because she's a tween and is going through this thing just now? I don't know why. So getting her to bathe is usually a yelling match. I thought it was just tween/teen boys who were "meant" to be gross - but this girl? Sigh.

Funnily enough, the boy (just finished G1) had health class this year, and they also promoted the every 2-3 day idea, as too frequently is just stripping the skin of oils and such and causing skin issues.

The standard of care in California for care homes is a bath once a week. As I enter my second week of retirement, and after talking to other retirees about the good things about being retired, the common answer was "only bathing every other day, not every day". And of course in many places in Europe, daily bathing is not the norm

My parents both retired in the past few years and they're definitely following that. If they don't leave the house they'll push it further (admittedly, so do I, it's just less common that I don't leave the house for more than 2 days in a row).

My parents both retired in the past few years and they're definitely following that. If they don't leave the house they'll push it further (admittedly, so do I, it's just less common that I don't leave the house for more than 2 days in a row).
We schedule "dirty" tasks on shower day. Yesterday was cut the lawn day and shower day. My skin is happy.

When they are little, every 2-3 days (unless necessary after a day of sweating, ect). As they have gotten older, they shower more often on their own schedule.

When my kids were infants they weren't pukey so about 2-3 times a week full-on baths. As they got older may every other day depending on the season. Summer totally pool bath kids.

My three are 15 and 16 years old now, so they’ve been making that call on their own for quite a while now. All of them shower daily. Sometimes twice a day (usually that’s just one, or both, of my boys). My daughter showers daily, but washes her hair ever 3-4 days.

When they were little, they got a bath anywhere from daily to every third day. Sometimes I loved bath time, sometimes not.

Every 2-3 days unless he needs it (he's 1 year old). He has my (terrible!) skin and the frequent baths/showers were so bad for him.

He prefers showers over baths right now - probably because he doesn't have to sit down :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter