How often do buses pass through your neighborhood?

Never. Residential area, dead in street, closest city bus stop is a mile away. They did away with school buses here over 20 years ago, except for special needs students. And two special needs students on my street moved, so no school buses either.

Never - suburban cul-de-sac street with only 10 houses - and no school age kids

Just school busses. 3 Pick ups for elem, middle and high school in the morning and 3 drop offs in the afternoon. My neighbor’s dd is disabled and a special bus picks her up for her appts. It comes about twice a week.

Several times a day, 5 days a week. We live on a state highway and the high school is just a mile down the road.

Never (this school year) because cul-de-sac neighborhood and no children in Kindergarten. The school bus picks up/drops off students in grades 1 - 12 at the entrance of our neighborhood. Only children in Kindergarten get picked up/dropped off at their home.

School bus, twice a day. Public bus, never. There is no public transit in my area.

No public transit in my area. School buses stop at the next culdesac - no buses in my culdesac.

I would need to drive several miles to get to the Park and Ride lot that connects to Orlando’s Lynx buses. However, they only have a few morning buses and a few evening buses, and only on week days, so if your schedule is the least bit irregular you are much better off just driving.

I grew up in a city built on a grid system, with buses every fifteen minutes. We took the bus everywhere. It was quite a shock when we first moved to Florida and it took three hours to get to the mall for Christmas shopping (a twenty minute drive, but I didn’t have a car yet).

School buses take the main road through our neighborhood , but don’t come down our street.

About once every 1/2 hour. We call it the "empty bus" though because the only reason it comes down as far as our block is to turn around. I've never seen more than a handful of passengers on it. I'm sure there are plenty of passengers on the other end - but maybe not? I've never ridden it.

Other than the School bus a few times a day , none on my street. About 3 blocks away is a County Road that is used by a couple of bus routes. They are several times an hour , but not a big part of the road's traffic.

Morning and afternoon busses each for elementary, middle, and high school as well as a private school bus that comes about a minute before the elementary bus. I’m not sure if that’s the only private school bus or if it’s just the only one I’ve noticed. No public transit.

Public transit - bus stop is two minute walk on main drag. Bus maybe every 30 minutes but more frequently at peak morning rush.

School buses - not sure as I’m usually at work. Have seen one a few times.

None. I don't think I've ever lived on a street where there was ever regular bus service. I've generally only lived in quiet residential neighborhoods with narrow, undivided roads. Would have been a reasonably short walk to where the bus routes are.

I have visited homes where there was regular traffic. I remember visiting a family friend's San Francisco home a few times in the 80s, and they had San Francisco Municipal Railway streetcars (the old PCC car) pass by about every 15 minutes. These things were heavy and loud. And it was a residential neighborhood, although San Francisco is a place where there tend to be small businesses every few blocks.

No public transit in our town, even though we pay sales tax for it. We have to drive to next town to access it.

We have school buses but none drive on our street. Kids get bus at end of street.

I live on slightly windy steepish hill and the only bus I've ever seen is a bus for special needs that is a small bus/minivan though not sure if anyone local rides it this year. If I walk to the main st not the hill its a 2-3 minute walk I guess. No public schools busses for general ed students but twice a day busses for a charter and the vocational school go down the street. There is also a public bus that runs from every 15 minutes to every hour depending on the time of day. on the same nearby street.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter