How much would you plan for dining if doing club level?

DisnerdShelby

Earning My Ears
Good evening, all!

Does anyone know which (if any) of the Disney dining calculators that are available online are the most accurate? We usually would do one of the dining plans, but since we are staying club level for the first time in May, we really don't think it makes sense to also do one of the DDPs. We plan to take advantage of the breakfast and snacks throughout the day. We will likely only do QS meals, just 1 or 2 per day for 2 adults and 2 kids, ages 9 and 3. Just trying to figure out how much we should plan on spending for food for 7 nights/6 days.

Well club is not a dining plan, so plan on either dining with at least 1TS or 1CS and most likely something else from a CS or Vendor stand each day. If you are a eat little each day then you might get by 1 or 2 days with one meal out. CL breakfast is often good depending on the resort and is a quick way to start your day. Midday snacks are not much, but the CL lounge is a great place to let every one relax from the crowds. The lounge is also a great place to take lunch CS food back to dine in the lounge and access the CL beverages.

Well club is not a dining plan, so plan on either dining with at least 1TS or 1CS and most likely something else from a CS or Vendor stand each day. If you are a eat little each day then you might get by 1 or 2 days with one meal out. CL breakfast is often good depending on the resort and is a quick way to start your day. Midday snacks are not much, but the CL lounge is a great place to let every one relax from the crowds. The lounge is also a great place to take lunch CS food back to dine in the lounge and access the CL beverages.

Sorry, my post may have been a little confusing. :) I know that CL isn't a dining plan, but since they offer the various snacks and breakfast, we figured it was silly to opt for one of the DDPs since we aren't huge eaters.

We don't plan to do any TS meals on this trip, just QS, as our youngest kiddo will just have turned 3 and he's still a bit wild- doesn't do well with restaurants quite yet. LOL.

We agreed to eat CL breakfast each morning and for sure will be doing at least 1 QS a day, maybe 2- just depends how hungry everyone is that day.

On our most recent trip (just a quick 2 night stay), we barely ate 2 meals a day becybec we stayed so busy, so it's possible that may happen again, but planning for 2 QS a day when we figure out how much to set aside.

If you are just trying to budget your CS meals, I would estimate using the Disney price for the QS dining plan. This allows two CS meals per day, two snacks, and a refillable mug. (2019 Pricing: $52.50per adult and $23.78 per child.) This is a high estimate if you are doing only 1 CS some days and if you don't need the mug (we usually pick up cases of water at the gift shop and get cups of ice water when ordering at CS locations) but it should give you an approximate idea.

Breakfast is covered at CL as well as light snacks and drinks midday. Evening drinks and apps are usually good for us if we have had a lunchtime meal. Maybe supplement with a snack or shared meal later at the parks if you are still hungry after cocktail hour.

With our most recent trip in August of this year, we spent about $1100 total on food. Our group consisted of my DW, my two DDs, and myself. Within that price range, we dined at Monsieur Paul's and Tiffins. We ate breakfast at the lounge, and we had a dinner or two as well. We do not tend to eat a great deal, using a few CS here and there.

It is hard to help other than to ask how much time you will be in the lounge. The breakfast is a given since you have planned for it. WIll you be eating snacks and appetizers when they are offered late afternoon, and then again in the evening, and wil they cover you for a meal? I know I need meals, and we plan a plan that works for us. If you think you will use 2 CS credits a day between all of you, (don't forget you can use them on your checkout day) and will you buy snacks? If you tend to eat lighter and will not use all of the entitlements on the plan, I would just pay OOP and use the lounge as a filler.

Sorry, my post may have been a little confusing. :) I know that CL isn't a dining plan, but since they offer the various snacks and breakfast, we figured it was silly to opt for one of the DDPs since we aren't huge eaters.

We don't plan to do any TS meals on this trip, just QS, as our youngest kiddo will just have turned 3 and he's still a bit wild- doesn't do well with restaurants quite yet. LOL.

We agreed to eat CL breakfast each morning and for sure will be doing at least 1 QS a day, maybe 2- just depends how hungry everyone is that day.

On our most recent trip (just a quick 2 night stay), we barely ate 2 meals a day becybec we stayed so busy, so it's possible that may happen again, but planning for 2 QS a day when we figure out how much to set aside.
Depending on the times of day you eat, you'll probably find the breakfast offering the most used aspect of the CL experience from a food POV. The mid day offerings are mostly snacks like crustables, candy, and various soft drinks so not really worth returning to the hotel for most. The early evening appetizers can be filling and a nice way to socialize with fellow CL guests; met a fellow DIS poster at the Atrium Club unexpectedly:). I think that meal would be just as filling as a regular QS and of course the evening cordials always get our attention;).

Taking your wants into consideration I suspect $30.00 per person per day would be a generous food budget for the parks assuming you swap a QS later dinner (I think the CL appetizer service starts around 7:00 PM) for a park or resort QS. Should you be avid coffee or tea drinkers throughout the day bringing a commuter insulated coffee cup would do a good job of replacing the refillable mug offered with the dining plans. As well the coffee offered in the CL lounge is 1000% better than that offered in the QS food courts.

ETA: the candy snacks at CL are offered all day along with a kind of trail mix. Some if not all the CLs offer bags and ties next to them so you can take them to the parks as well. I recently found wrapped saltwater taffy in my pocketbook courtesy of a July trip and and it still tasted good, LOL.

We did an 11 night CL stay in July. Family of 4. We spent a total of $880 on food out of pocket. The CL evening offerings have gotten VERY substantial and it was our dinner more often than not. I'm talking full buffets with several salads, meat and fish with potatoes or rice, pasta dishes, etc. We were at Contemporary and Beach Club.

Only stayed CL once and we snacked enough that we didn’t eat a lot of snacks in the park. We have never found the DDP cost efficient for us better to pay as we go. I use my rewards card from Disney Visa and gift cards to pay for food. This way if we aren’t very hungry and share a meal we haven’t lost any money. Plus the gift card can be used for anything in the park not just food

We have done CL several times and found it convenient for breakfast. We would get a few drinks snacks during our afternoon break.

We rarely were at the CL at night. It just did not fit in with our touring schedule.

There were quite a few hot options on the menu, I am sure those could make a good snack. For us it would not be a meal.

We are staying CL after Thanksgiving. Our plan is to use the CL breakfast everyday and use the appetizers most nights for dinner. We have made our park days to fit this. We plan on eating QS for lunch if we need it. I think you should look at the parks you are going to and check out some of the QS menus. You can look at prices for things you may be interested in and add it up. That should give you an estimate of what you need per day.

I am going to suggest you plan for a lunch either QS or TS every day while staying CL. You could also possibly book a very late breakfast if you are early risers and will be hungry by then. I might also suggest thinking of how much you will be in the lounge during the evenings. If you will be spending some nights at the park add in an extra QS meal there too. Looking at menus should give you a good idea. I will say while a 3 yo and TS might not mix keep in mind that a nice sit down in the AC lunch is a great refresher in the May heat.

We have stayed CL several times. We are not big eaters. We find that 1 meal per day is enough. We'll b/fast in the lounge. Then snack with lounge food and purchased snack foods. If we have a really long park day, then we'd get 2 meals. (Normally, we like to enjoy our resort for a late afternoon break.)

For budgeting purposes, I'd budget for 2 meals pp per day. I'd rather have "extra" than not enough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter