How much would you charge to make a scrapbook for someone?

Do you have any idea what you really expend to do an album?? Is your time worth anything? I think Mouse Memories prices are very VERY realistic.

I calculated a 12 & 12 good quality album with page protectors, and paper, stickers, embellishments costs about $110 - 130 in materials at retail.

By the time you spend time talking with the customer about what they want, plan, shop, organize your pages, do any computer printing of titles, and make the pages, you have an expenditure of at least 2 hours per side - for a 20 leaf album that is 40 sides. You are an artist - are you really going to create for less than minimum wage? Not me, Babes!

If it's a business - run it like a business - be REALISTIC with your charges and don't give your labor away. Get a substantial deposit in advance. If it's NOT a business, don't do it - then you won't be getting ulcers from seething because you weren't adequately compensated - and your own albums will be getting done.

My two cents. I've been there.

LindaBabe said:
Do you have any idea what you really expend to do an album?? Is your time worth anything? I think Mouse Memories prices are very VERY realistic.

I calculated a 12 & 12 good quality album with page protectors, and paper, stickers, embellishments costs about $110 - 130 in materials at retail.

By the time you spend time talking with the customer about what they want, plan, shop, organize your pages, do any computer printing of titles, and make the pages, you have an expenditure of at least 2 hours per side - for a 20 leaf album that is 40 sides. You are an artist - are you really going to create for less than minimum wage? Not me, Babes!

If it's a business - run it like a business - be REALISTIC with your charges and don't give your labor away. Get a substantial deposit in advance. If it's NOT a business, don't do it - then you won't be getting ulcers from seething because you weren't adequately compensated - and your own albums will be getting done.

My two cents. I've been there.

I used the customer's own supplies (paper/stickers, etc) to keep costs down and to help her deplete her supply. ;) I met with her once - when she dropped everything off - for maybe an hour. Several emails to give updates. I ended up with very few questions. I am an organizing fiend so I organized 27 pages in an evening, then narrowed it down as I went along to 23. And I think I can actually get 4-6 spreads done in 2 hours! (It was only an 8x11 album). In addition to the money I made in labor - she also spent $150 on CM stuff!

I think I am being realistic - I want to charge enough to make it worth my while but not so much that people won't hire me.

And PigletsPal - you're right - it did give me a wonderful feeling and she even hugged me after she looked at it! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter